Camera sometimes takes over 15 seconds to snap photo

ratpakk2

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
Does anyone else with the Moto Z play have problems with the camera taking up to 15 seconds to focus and snap a picture? Sometimes I open the camera, tap the screen to focus, the screen appears to focus, then I click the shutter button and the screen unfocuses, tries to refocus, takes 15 seconds, and then finally takes the picture. I love the phone, but the camera is driving me nuts. Does anyone know of a way to force it to take a photo? I could take 5 photos in the time that it sometimes takes to just take one.

Any tips would be appreciated.

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone else with the Moto Z play have problems with the camera taking up to 15 seconds to focus and snap a picture? Sometimes I open the camera, tap the screen to focus, the screen appears to focus, then I click the shutter button and the screen unfocuses, tries to refocus, takes 15 seconds, and then finally takes the picture. I love the phone, but the camera is driving me nuts. Does anyone know of a way to force it to take a photo? I could take 5 photos in the time that it sometimes takes to just take one.

Any tips would be appreciated.
You can open the camera, go home, then open the camera again. It's something about the initial launch (after not being used for a while, not necessarily after a reboot) that would make mine hang at random.

ratpakk2

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
I think you are correct. It seems to be much faster on internal storage. Might be time to get a fast SD card and turn on adoptable storage.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
It shouldn't take that long.... If you are having problems and saving to internal storage then you should ask for a warranty replacement

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante