Moto voice driving mode won't stay on

cb2367

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
I'm trying to setup the moto voice app so that calls and texts are announced when I'm driving. As soon as I go into the app and turn driving mode on and close the app, this feature then turns itself off.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I'm trying to setup the moto voice app so that calls and texts are announced when I'm driving. As soon as I go into the app and turn driving mode on and close the app, this feature then turns itself off.

Hm.

I don't the have this issue.

Is it not automatically detecting?

cb2367

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
I upgraded to the Moto Z from the Droid Turbo. I know that this feature worked without any problems on the Droid Turbo. I can't get Google Voice to work, but then I don't think Google Voice can announce calls and texts.

I turned on driving mode in Moto Voice a few days ago. Moments ago, I got a call while driving. The call wasn't announced, so something isn't working right.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I upgraded to the Moto Z from the Droid Turbo. I know that this feature worked without any problems on the Droid Turbo. I can't get Google Voice to work, but then I don't think Google Voice can announce calls and texts.

I turned on driving mode in Moto Voice a few days ago. Moments ago, I got a call while driving. The call wasn't announced, so something isn't working right.

Did you try it with text messages?

cb2367

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
Did you try it with text messages?

It won't stay on, so it won't work with text messages.

I had hoped Verizon would offer support, but all they can do is tell me to turn the phone off and back on again and then contact Motorola for help.

Photo_Drew

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
Do you have location services on? Only thing I can think of is that it doesn't know you're driving. Mine works fine and it's set to high accuracy.

When it's on you'll see a icon on top that looks like a mouth with lines coming out of it.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Do you have location services on? Only thing I can think of is that it doesn't know you're driving. Mine works fine and it's set to high accuracy.

When it's on you'll see a icon on top that looks like a mouth with lines coming out of it.

Good tip.

You'll want location on and set to high accuracy for the best results.

If there's Bluetooth in the car, allow the Moto app to learn which Bluetooth connections are related to being in the car too.

cb2367

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
Good tip.

You'll want location on and set to high accuracy for the best results.

If there's Bluetooth in the car, allow the Moto app to learn which Bluetooth connections are related to being in the car too.

Location services are on and set to high accuracy. I don't see the Moto voice app listed under apps requesting permission to access the location.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Moto app completely up to date?

Maybe try clearing the cache on the Moto app. Or clearing the cache partition before a factory reset.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech