About to pull the trigger

critical_level2

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
I am currently running a 1st Gen Moto X. This past fall i was looking at getting a Moto-Z Force and went to the store to buy one. Somehow the verizon salesperson talked me into looking at the Pixel XL. I ended up not buying a phone due to the pushiness of the salesperson and I walked out never looking back. Now my faithful Moto X is starting on its decent to retirement and it is time to finally move on. Verizon has the great deal for $15/month which I am getting ready to jump on before I miss it. I am hoping the Moto-Z will be able to give me a many years of great experiences like my Moto X did.

A few questions:
1. I used my Moto X in Ireland on our Honeymoon, i just had to swap an Irish sim card into it. Would I be ale to do the same with the Moto-Z Force as we are planning on returning sometime within the next year or 2?
2. My office is located in the basement and does not get any cell reception. How well does wifi calling work on this phone?
3. I was originally thinking of getting an Otterbox, but I am planning on getting the Incipio dual pro case for it instead due to it being much less bulky. Would a tempered glass screen protector work well with the dual pro case and if so, any recommendations on brands?

I appreciate all assistance and help.

ASD Dad

Mar 23, 2015
Visit site
I am currently running a 1st Gen Moto X. This past fall i was looking at getting a Moto-Z Force and went to the store to buy one. Somehow the verizon salesperson talked me into looking at the Pixel XL. I ended up not buying a phone due to the pushiness of the salesperson and I walked out never looking back. Now my faithful Moto X is starting on its decent to retirement and it is time to finally move on. Verizon has the great deal for $15/month which I am getting ready to jump on before I miss it. I am hoping the Moto-Z will be able to give me a many years of great experiences like my Moto X did.

A few questions:
1. I used my Moto X in Ireland on our Honeymoon, i just had to swap an Irish sim card into it. Would I be ale to do the same with the Moto-Z Force as we are planning on returning sometime within the next year or 2?
2. My office is located in the basement and does not get any cell reception. How well does wifi calling work on this phone?
3. I was originally thinking of getting an Otterbox, but I am planning on getting the Incipio dual pro case for it instead due to it being much less bulky. Would a tempered glass screen protector work well with the dual pro case and if so, any recommendations on brands?

I appreciate all assistance and help.

#1 - Not sure, never had to use my Z Force overseas. I am sure others will chime in!

#2 - Wifi calling works very well for me. My house is in a dead zone of cell reception for all carriers and wifi calling has made things so much better. I even had TMO for a while due to their wifi calling but their actual reception was terrible anywhere else down here so I had to go back to Verizon.

#3 - I have the Dual Pro and do not like it. It looks nice and is well made but I find it slippery (I have the red one if it matters). The bevels on the bottom side made it slide in my hands too much and I have pretty big hands. I had no issues at all with a screen protector and the case. I am using the flexible glass protector offered by Verizon as it seems to stick to the Shattershield better without lifting and it also fully covers the entire screen.

My favorite case thus far is the Tech21 Evo Check. Buttons are easy to push, offers good protection and it is grippy while still sliding in and out of my front jeans pocket easily. It is not very bulky either. A lot of people on here like the simple bumper case and just put a style back on the phone (or the battery mod). I've never used the style mods and dont use the JBL mod very often so dont mind a full case.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site

Yes. Like the Moto X, the Z Force is a global phone and is not SIM locked. You can pop in any SIM. As it supports more LTE bands, you may be able to get LTE connectivity as well.

jimgravy

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
Greetings! Love my Moto Z Force, after owning 3 LG's and never looked back. I got a Mophie Mod battery and bumper, never even think of needing a charge for 2 days. This is hands down the fastest and smoothest phone I have ever owned, and the mods are superb. It just makes living with Verizon a whole lot better! Enjoy, you won't be disappointed.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante