Hows everyone battery life with 7.0

streetkilln

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Honestly so far its not looking to good with me idk seems like im ending the day with less battery.. also my phone seems to be getting hot quicker than before.

soma4society

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
Great here too. Just picked mine up at 930am today. It's now 3 and it has lost about 5% (light use tho).

What I am surprised by is how weak the signal seems to be. I'm on ATT and my previous phone used to have 4/5 bars nearly everywhere....now I'm averaging 1 or 2 bars. Odd.

PAC757

Trusted Member
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
What I am surprised by is how weak the signal seems to be. I'm on ATT and my previous phone used to have 4/5 bars nearly everywhere....now I'm averaging 1 or 2 bars. Odd.

Oh, that's not what I needed to see, I just ordered mine today, and I'm on AT&T, cell signal has always been a problem with unlocked phones where I live. I'm using an Honor 8 now and it has the best cell signal of any phone, other than my Nexus 6 I use to own. I went with the Moto Z Play because I'm thinking Motorola, Qualcomm chip, probably going to have a good cell signal. Did you look at the actual signal in decibels? I know sometimes my Honor 8 will show 2 bars of signal but actually be sitting at something like - 90db. I have no problem with the Honor 8, just got use to a larger screen after using the Nexus 6 so long, that plus I'm getting old :)

soma4society

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
Oh, that's not what I needed to see, I just ordered mine today, and I'm on AT&T, cell signal has always been a problem with unlocked phones where I live. I'm using an Honor 8 now and it has the best cell signal of any phone, other than my Nexus 6 I use to own. I went with the Moto Z Play because I'm thinking Motorola, Qualcomm chip, probably going to have a good cell signal. Did you look at the actual signal in decibels? I know sometimes my Honor 8 will show 2 bars of signal but actually be sitting at something like - 90db. I have no problem with the Honor 8, just got use to a larger screen after using the Nexus 6 so long, that plus I'm getting old :)

Haven't done that yet. I used to know what the process for field test mode was...Do you know it? I've googled it without luck.

Edit: found it in settings. My current strength at home is -106. My understanding is -85 or lower is a good signal. Phone presently shows one bar where my 6P used to be four. Odd.

FWIW I did register the IMEI with ATT and have them refresh the device signal. No real difference. My brother lives half a mile from me and got one a few weeks ago ....He says his signal is just fine, so not sure what's going on. I can make calls and data seems to working just fine though.

Icemax60

Dec 28, 2015
Visit site
My battery has gotten worse. I lightly use my phone. Before I would have about 3 hours SoT and be at 95 and now with 3 hours SoT I will have like 89 left on my battery

soma4society

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
My battery has gotten worse. I lightly use my phone. Before I would have about 3 hours SoT and be at 95 and now with 3 hours SoT I will have like 89 left on my battery

I've downloaded the update but am holding off on installing it for now. Wanna see how some of the issues I've been reading about here shake out before I hit the commit button.

Icemax60

Dec 28, 2015
Visit site
I tried everything. Deleted cache partition. Reset the preferences on the battery settings. Factory rest. I may have gained a percent but it's still worse than before.

PAC757

Trusted Member
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
@Icemax60
After reading your post, I realized that when Huawei updated the Honor 8 to 7.0 I saw, and still am seeing about the same battery life difference that your seeing on your Moto Z Play. It's not a tremendous difference but on my Honor 8 everything works just fine it's just the small percentage of battery life that had dropped down. I am starting to believe that it may just be Android 7.0 runs differently and maybe consumes a little more battery than 6.0 did. Just a thought anyway.

BigCTM

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
My battery life was worse with 7.0 until I turned off wifi scanning and Bluetooth scanning under location services. Now it's noticeably better.

Icemax60

Dec 28, 2015
Visit site
73c41c156fc1750b56114810373e21a3.jpg

3476932571773f731dc365c5b7fabfdb.jpg

96fda472a3c715389beac079e3afb9db.jpg

I have 1 and half hours of screen on time and now my battery is at 89% I think I am having some problems with doze. I just took an hour nap with 94% and now I'm at 89%

CutlaSS

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Days and days of standby with hours and hours of SOT. I know it's not a scientific analysis but the battery life is good. It's still new and I'm still getting all my apps installed/setup. If it drops by a third it will still be okay

Update for the captain's
question below:

Droid edition. I'm on VZW...

Last edited:

captainkirkw

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Can everyone who is posting please let us know if you are using an unlocked Z Play and which network or if you are using a Play Droid Edition on VZW and where you are located if you want to include that.

Just curious to see if there are any noticeable differences as I have an unlocked Z Play on AT&T in Austin Tx and am holding off on the update for just a bit to get a better feel for it.

udazavlanje

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
Haven't done that yet. I used to know what the process for field test mode was...Do you know it? I've googled it without luck.

Edit: found it in settings. My current strength at home is -106. My understanding is -85 or lower is a good signal. Phone presently shows one bar where my 6P used to be four. Odd.

FWIW I did register the IMEI with ATT and have them refresh the device signal. No real difference. My brother lives half a mile from me and got one a few weeks ago ....He says his signal is just fine, so not sure what's going on. I can make calls and data seems to working just fine though.

might be a faulty radio antennas or something. try to return it and get another one

kbz1960

Apr 23, 2016
Visit site
I have only had mine for a week and it updated right away so no reference to M. I worked last night so sporadic use. Did use it quite a bit before and since getting off.

Verizon

0f5a67d4298af118ce39fda9b98ff260.jpg
37a54d1418930a814cbf0aac45f78ab6.jpg

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FarajWala800