Incoming call notification has changed

drewhinkle

Mar 27, 2017
Visit site
I have a Motorola (Lenovo) Moto Z Force running Android 7.0. Initially the integrated phone app opened an incoming call window that provided 3 swipe options: left to reject, right to answer, and up for quick response options. Later the incoming call window changed to a more basic version that provided 2 buttons: answer and ignore.

Last week I updated the OS and it fixed the problem, but a few days later it reverted back to the "basic" incoming call window. I "cleared data" and "cleared cache" in the phone app options. I also wiped the cache partition in the OS. Neither fixed the problem. I refuse to reset the phone back to factory defaults and go through the pain that it will take a day to rebuild the device the way I like it.

Surely someone out there knows how to fix this problem. Is there a way to delete the integrated phone app and reinstall it? I have attached a screen shot. Thanks in advance for your help.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170327-081546.jpg
    Screenshot_20170327-081546.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Moved from the Nougat forum to the Z Force forum, since this is more likely a device-specific issue.

And sorry, but I deleted your screenshot because it contained an actual phone number. Can you post another one with the identifying information edited out? Thanks!

drewhinkle

Mar 27, 2017
Visit site
I just discovered that this problem only happens when the phone is unlocked. When the display is locked the proper call notification comes in.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
That answer button is strangely worded: "Answer Voice"? Do you have a Google Voice number? Or could that be due to some kind of Car/Driving Mode?

drewhinkle

Mar 27, 2017
Visit site
Folks, I appreciate your help. It appears that B Dicky may have nailed it. I found the Z Force manual here https://ss7.vzw.com/is/content/VerizonWireless/Devices/Motorola/Userguides/moto-z-force-ug.pdf and it strongly implies that the phone will offer the quick response option ONLY when the phone is locked. If true, this is a major programming flaw. What about all of the call-waiting calls that receive that I can't answer and need to send a quick response? What if my phone is unlocked but I don't or can't answer? :confused:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci