Visit site
Last edited:

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Engadget (Chris Velazco)

https://www.engadget.com/2017/06/01/motorolas-z2-play-sacrifices-battery-life-for-sleekness/

Motorola's first Z-series smartphones were as impressive as they were divisive. Remember, the Z was insanely thin, the Z Force was nearly indestructible and both could be augmented with Moto Mods, but they were among the first devices to completely give up on the headphone jack. Then came the Moto Z Play, which felt like a more sensible spin on the Z formula -- it wasn't quite as fast, but it was cheaper, still modular, and ushered in the return of that classic audio port. Is it any surprise that Motorola wanted to build a sequel?

Motorola officially announced the Moto Z2 Play today, a $499 refresh of a phone that was almost shockingly good the first time around. Our full review is still in the works (thanks, Computex) but so far it's been a remarkably capable performer. For better or worse though, it has the potential to throw the Z line we already know into sort of a tizzy.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
The Verge (Dan Seifert)

https://www.theverge.com/2017/6/1/15720942/motorola-moto-z2-play-review

ALL KILLER, NO FILLER

At $500, however, it’s not an instant purchase. It’s a lot more expensive than true budget phones and not that far off from the actual flagships that offer better displays, better cameras, and more forward-looking designs. This is especially true if you purchase a phone on a monthly payment plan: the difference between a Moto Z2 Play and a Galaxy S8 might be only a few dollars per month.

Still, the Z2 Play provides a great mix of what matters without any unnecessary stuff piled on. And it does so with better battery life than even most flagships can provide. When you think about it, isn’t that all you really want from a phone?

Hobson123

Jun 22, 2016
Visit site
Personally I think this phone looks great! I like the idea of the mods. The wireless charging style mod is a stroke of genius in my book.