Unlocked Moto Z2 Play 64/4 now available for ordering at $499

MMMDDDZZZ

Jan 26, 2016
Visit site
Ordered mine from Motorola on July 29. Still sitting in "order approved" category on order status page. Says expected delivery Aug 18. Anyone share their ordering timeframe experiences? Does this seem about right?

soma4society

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
Compatible with all US carriers!

Ry, when they make this claim can you really rest assured the radios are properly tuned for maximum signal strength on a given carrier...say, Verizon? Or to be certain do you really need to buy the carrier-branded version just to be safe?

bryanmsi

Mar 14, 2012
Visit site
Ry, when they make this claim can you really rest assured the radios are properly tuned for maximum signal strength on a given carrier...say, Verizon? Or to be certain do you really need to buy the carrier-branded version just to be safe?

I wonder that as well. I have seen posts from people buying unlocked phones and then finding that certain features like wifi calling or visual vice mail didn't work on Verizon properly. Maybe those people just don't know how to setup/install the phone for Verizon?

soma4society

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
I wonder that as well. I have seen posts from people buying unlocked phones and then finding that certain features like wifi calling or visual vice mail didn't work on Verizon properly. Maybe those people just don't know how to setup/install the phone for Verizon?

Yeah, the features I know about...and I usually assume those won't work. But I've also seen instances where the specs claim the proper bands are supposedly present but users claim their signal isn't as strong as they feel it should be (in comparison with a carrier-branded device). So, not sure if the carriers do some additional fine tuning for reception...as opposed to unlocked which may not get the fine tuning.

jumblednonsense

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
Ordered mine from Motorola on July 29. Still sitting in "order approved" category on order status page. Says expected delivery Aug 18. Anyone share their ordering timeframe experiences? Does this seem about right?
I ordered mine on 8/10, and was given an estimated delivery date of 8/22, but as of right now it's still sitting in the "order approved." This is my first time ordering through Motorola direct, so I unfortunately have no idea what to expect.

MMMDDDZZZ

Jan 26, 2016
Visit site
I ordered mine on 8/10, and was given an estimated delivery date of 8/22, but as of right now it's still sitting in the "order approved." This is my first time ordering through Motorola direct, so I unfortunately have no idea what to expect.

With mine still in "order approved" status, I'm guessing it won't be here on estimated delivery date of 8/18. I called the customer support - they were no help, just repeated the info on the order status page. Arrgh.

slay65

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
I am in the same boat. Stuck in "order approved" since Aug. 5th. ETA of 8/21. If anyone get's their device marked as shipped please let us know.

Last edited:

theorbo

Aug 17, 2017
Visit site
Same boat here ... ordered on 8/6 with ETA of 8/21 and currently in "order approved" status as well. I'll respond here if I get any more information.

MMMDDDZZZ

Jan 26, 2016
Visit site
Just talked again to customer service - they continue to assure me I will get it on 18th. We'll see..... I'll advise if anything updates....

MMMDDDZZZ

Jan 26, 2016
Visit site
Nope. Talked again to "the orders team". They said they have no idea when it will ship, but will let me know as soon as possible. They have had a very large response to the free JBL, and they're behind in production. That's what they said...

MMMDDDZZZ

Jan 26, 2016
Visit site
Well, mine ordered on July 29. After numerous calls, chats, escalations to higher levels of "order team", my order is still listed as "Order Approved", just as it's been since July 29. My estimated delivery date is still listed as August 18. No phone, no information - worst customer service I've seen in a long time.
I wonder if color choice affects production? Mine is gold/white - if I ever get it....

slay65

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
I order one White and one Black. My order status has not changed, still shows "order approved". I just got an email saying it shipped and fedex manager saying label printed.