August OS update

bryanmsi

Mar 14, 2012
Visit site
Verizon posted an update to the Z2 play. I just finished installing it. It weighed in over 618mb. Installation took a while and I worried it got stuck when it stayed on the Moto bootup screen for several minutes after the installation graphic was complete.

Ultimately it completed and everything looks normal. I would swear OD animations just a tiny bit smoother and at the same time a tiny bit slower but that might all be in my head.

Security patch level is updated from May to July.

Last edited:

p08757

** Superhero **
Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
I've did my update last night. Call me crazy, but my battery life seems to be much improved. Today it took me 7 hours to go from full to 80%. I have an Incipio battery pack installed so now my phone will sit at 80% until that runs out. Under my normal use I typically run that dry at about 10:00pm. Lets see how it goes...

bryanmsi

Mar 14, 2012
Visit site
I won't call you crazy - I noticed the same thing! my battery went from 96% at 8:00am to 80% at 5:00pm and that's with normal use!! An hour of using it as connected GPS for fitbit only pulled it down another 8%.

that's freaky good!

arwaldon4

May 22, 2010
Visit site
I won't call you crazy - I noticed the same thing! my battery went from 96% at 8:00am to 80% at 5:00pm and that's with normal use!! An hour of using it as connected GPS for fitbit only pulled it down another 8%.

that's freaky good!

That's amazing. I don't get battery life like that but I also don't have a battery Moto mod to use. Just started using this device for the past week and I do like it and the battery life.