I'm Sick Of This BlueTooth!

fr4nk1yn

Apr 17, 2010
Visit site
Anyone else having constant Bluetooth audio skips?

And I mean constant and regular. He're a screenshot I took a few days ago on the trip home.
Every 20 - 40 seconds, It always seems to be in multiples of 20s, there's a half second skip.
Not a pause the music, or podcast jut continues after the sound dropping.

It's not so bad when I don't notice it but once I do it's the most aggravating issue I can think of at the moment.
It's not app dependent. it does it with play music as well as multiple games.

It's not "device" dependent as it does it in 3 cars and with 2 different Bluetooth headphones.

Ideas?

Scott337

Apr 22, 2017
Visit site
Re: WTF?! I'm Sick Of This BlueTooth!

In Location Settings, is Bluetooth and WiFi Scanning turned to Off?

babracmmm

Apr 17, 2010
Visit site
Mine would do that every day. I would have to reboot the phone and then it was good for another day. Since the update to 7.1.1 it hasn't been doing that. Something fixed the problem on my phone.

fr4nk1yn

Apr 17, 2010
Visit site
Mine would do that every day. I would have to reboot the phone and then it was good for another day. Since the update to 7.1.1 it hasn't been doing that. Something fixed the problem on my phone.

Mine has been worst since the update. It started off not doing it, then progressively deteriorated.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Anyone else having constant Bluetooth audio skips?

And I mean constant and regular. He're a screenshot I took a few days ago on the trip home.
Every 20 - 40 seconds, It always seems to be in multiples of 20s, there's a half second skip.
Not a pause the music, or podcast jut continues after the sound dropping.

It's not so bad when I don't notice it but once I do it's the most aggravating issue I can think of at the moment.
It's not app dependent. it does it with play music as well as multiple games.

It's not "device" dependent as it does it in 3 cars and with 2 different Bluetooth headphones.

Ideas?

I don't have skipping issues.

I'm connecting to two different cars on drives that are usually over an hour every weekday.

fr4nk1yn

Apr 17, 2010
Visit site
I don't have skipping issues.

I'm connecting to two different cars on drives that are usually over an hour every weekday.

Co-Worker has the same skipping problem. We were talking about the new, new update and he mentioned it.

fr4nk1yn

Apr 17, 2010
Visit site
This update isn't treating me well, after the second I now have apps crashing in the background, sometimes as soon as I hit the home button.

I started removing apps and skipping is unchanged.
Looks like I'm doing a wipe.

cjp39

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
Unreal. I'm coming from a Droid turbo 2 to this and these are the same issues. Looks like 7.0 completely fvcked these Moto products.

fr4nk1yn

Apr 17, 2010
Visit site
I fixed my problems by using abd and "uninstalling" the bluetooth midi service. The skipping almost entirely went away after that.

SteelSteve

Aug 1, 2016
Visit site
I had problems with this while using third party launchers, but after resetting the phone and using the default launcher all seem to be working fine again on my phone.

cjp39

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
I had problems with this while using third party launchers, but after resetting the phone and using the default launcher all seem to be working fine again on my phone.
Interesting. Anyone else notice this being then issue (the launcher)? Do you think it might be the reset that did it?

fr4nk1yn

Apr 17, 2010
Visit site
I don't see how a launcher could effect bluetooth. Disabling bluetooth MIDI took care of most of the problem for me. ANd I still had the problems after a factory reset.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trudycharles