Clock on/off/on/off/on/off/on/off...forever!

jglazer63

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
I have my Z2 force charging on a stand next to my bed. The screensaver/clock appears and disappears with annoying frequency! I think it is the air movements around my bedroom that is being detected by the sensor but its driving me nuts. Any way to reduce the sensitivity?

Thanks!

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I don't think there is a way to change the sensitivity. I never ran the screensaver option on any of my phones, but I thought it was supposed to go on and off.

cliberti

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
I have my Z2 force charging on a stand next to my bed. The screensaver/clock appears and disappears with annoying frequency! I think it is the air movements around my bedroom that is being detected by the sensor but its driving me nuts. Any way to reduce the sensitivity?

Thanks!

I think you can turn off notifications during do not disturb. If you set this properly (maybe to turn off 15 minutes before you get up) you may be able to eliminate this. I haven't tried it because my phone is across the room and it doesn't bug me

nokomis34

Aug 3, 2017
Visit site
Maybe you're talking about the active display. It's just terrible on this phone. I hate they got rid of the ir sensors the turbo 2 had. Best thing I've found is to disable "show when approached" or something in the Moto settings.

andrewh

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site

Thanks!

Are you talking about active display (the circular clock, with a blue battery level circle, and light blue gradient background)? Or the actual "Screen saver" set in the display settings?

andrewh

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
Ah... I know it shows each time you get a notification (supposed to eventually stop for that single notification after some time passes) or if the notification keeps resetting itself. I have do not disturb setup on mine so mine stays dark all night except the screensaver clock.

In order for it to trigger via the sensor an object has to be pretty close. I can't trigger mine with my hand or any other object more than a foot away from the sensor. Does your fan happen to sit on the stand or is close enough to cause the stand to vibrate (or when/if its oscillating?)? Mine triggers on vibrations pretty easily. Lastly, (I must ask, lol) is there anything interfering with the sensor (screen protector missing the cutout)?

Having said of all of that I went and tested it out for myself thinking no way air could trigger the sensor. I stand corrected. I have a pedestal fan that sits 1 foot away from my nightstand and ~3 away from my phone. To my surprise the fan at full blast pointed directly at the phone triggered active display like crazy. Fan at a medium setting about the same, and at lower setting slightly less. Turning the phone away from the wind still triggered AD, but less often in all 3 speed settings. Blocking the wind from hitting the phone stopped AD from displaying abnormally. At night I place my phone on my old tylt vu charger, but my fan doesn't point directly at my phone (minimal wind from my fans).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech