Just can't give this phone up

kansasandroid1

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
I have always been the person who constantly is switching to the latest and greatest phones. Most the time I'm lucky if I keep a phone for longer than 2-3 months. Everytime I try one of the latest and greatest phones, the battery life on the Z Play just keeps drawing me back.

I have now officially had this phone for a year, which is by far the longest I've had a phone in the past 6 years, and honestly it's gonna be tough to find something that can get me to give this up as my daily phone. Any of you have similar experiences?

mobrules

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I have a Z Force and a Z Play, since wife didn't like the Z Play. I liked it too much to send back. I can't give it up. I haven't used the Force for about 2 months except to update it. It's a great phone but just can't beat the battery life of the Z Play. I do drool over new phones but just can't find anything to beat it. I also love the weight. Can't stand thin phones. So no your not alone. There are quite a few of us.

Tim Owen

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site
I have a Z Force and a Z Play, since wife didn't like the Z Play. I liked it too much to send back. I can't give it up. I haven't used the Force for about 2 months except to update it. It's a great phone but just can't beat the battery life of the Z Play. I do drool over new phones but just can't find anything to beat it. I also love the weight. Can't stand thin phones. So no your not alone. There are quite a few of us.
Why did she not like the z play, what was her phone of choice? I work with a guy who buys the latest and greatest every other month. I am working on him to get the z2 play to see if it slows him down on phone purchasing. I think the z range is hard to beat.

mobrules

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
She wanted a smaller phone. She had been using an iPhone with 4.7 in screen. So making a jump to 5.5 inch screen was too much. Ended up buying a Samsung j3.
We got the Z play free on a Black Friday sale so I decided to keep it. Absolutely love it.

Last edited:

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
I have always been the person who constantly is switching to the latest and greatest phones. Most the time I'm lucky if I keep a phone for longer than 2-3 months. Everytime I try one of the latest and greatest phones, the battery life on the Z Play just keeps drawing me back.

I have now officially had this phone for a year, which is by far the longest I've had a phone in the past 6 years, and honestly it's gonna be tough to find something that can get me to give this up as my daily phone. Any of you have similar experiences?
I owned the Z Play briefly and I have regretted selling it ever since. I think next month I'm going to get another one. I actually prefer the Z Play over the Z2 play to be honest. I still have Moto mods so it makes good sense to invest in another Z Play. Right now I'm using the Axon 7 Mini which isn't a bad phone but you are right. Nothing compares to the battery life of the Z Play. I remember I never even had to use my battery mod on it when I had it. The JBL speaker mod is my favorite mod by far. So yeah I'm definitely getting another one as I should have kept the one I had. I go through phones like crazy or similar to how you do so at the time I was wanting another honor 8 so I traded it off for the honor and I regret it. I also love the mods. I know there is not many of them but I actually like having several shells to change between giving the phone a different look all the time. I totally agree with your post though. The Moto Z Play is one awesome device.

1901Madison

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
I used to change phones every 6-8 months, but I've had my Z Play for a year and can't give it up. In comparison to this phone, every other phone battery drops like a rock. It's almost unnerving to watch. I've become so spoiled never having to worry about charging no matter what happens in my day.

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
I used to change phones every 6-8 months, but I've had my Z Play for a year and can't give it up. In comparison to this phone, every other phone battery drops like a rock. It's almost unnerving to watch. I've become so spoiled never having to worry about charging no matter what happens in my day.
Yeah I agree. I had my z play for a couple of weeks and I remember being blown away by the battery life. It's truly unbelievable. I definitely want to get another one. Probably next month I'm going to get one. Heck I may send my axon 7 back and go ahead and get the Z Play.

mobrules

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
7b0d767ad6d4d9aaf07f1500bba8bee2.jpg

Here is my typical use. This is why I can't give up this phone.

Apple2Droid

Dec 7, 2014
Visit site
Thanks everybody for posting your battery life info. I just bought one with the Incipio battery mod and faux wood shell for $195 shipped, and it' was only used 7 months. For anyone who is looking to buy one new, Best Buy, Amazon, and B&H all dropped the price by $100 in the past few days, probably in anticipation of the upcoming X4 release.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol