Time for a change.

AllenRulz

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
I've had the Moto Z Play for awhile now and absolutely love it. Love the battery life. But the port seems to be can't keep a charge and have tried many cords. Same deal. Happened to my nexus 5 also lol. I've been looking at the Moto Z2 Play and I'm thinking it's not that worth it to upgrade too.

Anyone have both phones that could agree? I notice less battery specs, less camera pixels, ect. Idk what route to go now.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I've done a lot of research on the Moto Z2 Play, as I wanted it for a while. Though it has a smaller battery, apparently it does get pretty decent mileage. The gist that I've taken from reviews is, "It's a good phone, but not in a successor sense." According to a carrier site that sells it, you can still get "up to thirty hours" of battery life; which is pretty solid for a phone that did take a hit as far as getting a smaller battery.

If you're a little concerned about getting it, you could always wait for 2018 - Moto's upcoming devices will work with Moto Mods as well, so if you have some, it may be worth the wait. But if your charging port is giving you trouble and you want to upgrade sooner rather than later, what about grabbing something like the G5 Plus to last you until then and then save it as a backup device when you get the next Moto Z Play device that comes out?

chemgeek

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I replaced my z force with a z2 play. Battery life seems similar despite smaller battery. I think the CUP is more efficient. Ironically the battery completely died in my Z force after 1 year.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I replaced my z force with a z2 play. Battery life seems similar despite smaller battery. I think the CUP is more efficient. Ironically the battery completely died in my Z force after 1 year.

Glad you are liking the Z2 Play! I've heard good things about its battery; despite the smaller size.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maximusdebois