No location access? But it's on!

gordol

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
I am periodically getting a popup message

No location access
Device location for all apps is turned off, and you may not be able to locate your device if it's lost

However, location services IS enabled, and all the apps that have requested access have been granted such. Google Maps works, and other apps that rely on the location work as designed.

Z2 Play, current OS, 7.1.1.

gordol

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Update: I think it actually is turning off the GPS randomly. I just tried to use Android Pay, and NFC was disabled. I did not turn that off, either. And, I have periodically had to enter my password at the lock screen in order to "reactivate" the use of my fingerprint.

All of these items had worked the last time I used the GPS, Android Pay or unlocked my phone.

It's not (shouldn't be) a battery saver thing, as I have that turned off (just checked, it's still disabled) and the power level is fine. There are currently no Mods attached. Last restart was three days ago.

Help?

gordol

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
I don't reboot my Moto Z Force daily, maybe monthly and don't have the issues described here. I'm not sure what advice to offer, other than have you run the phone in Safe Mode for a while to see if the same issue exists?
Thank you.

Unfortunately, I use too many apps on a daily basis, including apps I use at work and a medical tracker. I simply cannot go without some of these for the extended period of time running in Safe Mode would require to ensure that no recurrence is proof and not coincidence. This would take several days, perhaps a week. But there are some mostly frivolous apps or widgets I can remove to start testing.

consigliero

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
I would control what kind of location mode you have on, has to be high accuracy . When I start new z play also was not able to make gps fix , when I change from power saving mode , was working normal

Greetings

gordol

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
I would control what kind of location mode you have on, has to be high accuracy . When I start new z play also was not able to make gps fix , when I change from power saving mode , was working normal
It is on high accuracy.

I've also been trying to figure out what might be causing this by disabling or uninstalling apps, so far, no joy. My current testing is removing Nova Launcher and its tools. :(

pizza_pablo

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
It is on high accuracy.

I've also been trying to figure out what might be causing this by disabling or uninstalling apps, so far, no joy. My current testing is removing Nova Launcher and its tools. :(

Any update to this?

Did you try a factory reset?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12