VOLTE suddenly stopped working on Moto Z2 Play

Suhail Bashir

May 11, 2014
Visit site
Everything was working fine untill a few days back when I suddenly lost VoLTE network on my SIM 1 and every time I make a call, I get a call failed error. LTE is working fine. I just cannot seem to make calls.
This happened after I updated my phone to the latest security patch.
I tried clearing cache partition, rebooting the phone etc. Nothing worked so far.

Kindly help. I am not able to make to any calls

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Is the phone carrier-branded, or did you get it unlocked? If it's carrier-branded, are you using it on the original carrier's network, or a different one?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
It could be due to the update. Can you make calls if you turn off VoLTE, or does you carrier depend on VoLTE for calls?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Hard to say if there was a glitch during the update, or if the glitch is part of the update itself. I can't find an easy way to reinstall the firmware (it looks like Motorola Device Manager only allows you to update, not to reinstall the firmware). It's worth contacting Lenovo about your issue: https://mobilesupport.lenovo.com/us/en/contactus

pizza_pablo

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I believe I've had this issue.
VoLTE allows a phone conversation and using data, simultaneously, correct?
Most days, in the way home from work, I call the wife and have Waze running. Some, but not all days, Waze loses data and the LTE label, for the service icon is gone.
If I cycle airplane mode, I can call back and have data, simultaneously. I do not know the cause.
This is a US Unlocked Z2 Play with Verizon service.

Pratyush Mandal

Feb 17, 2018
Visit site
Hi I'm facing the same problem since last month...My Z2 play does not showing voLTE on roaming only , what should I do, please tell me..... I'm also reset my phone 2 times but nothing happened.......

pizza_pablo

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Hi I'm facing the same problem since last month...My Z2 play does not showing voLTE on roaming only , what should I do, please tell me..... I'm also reset my phone 2 times but nothing happened.......

I'm on Verizon. The only time I've seen VoLTE displayed on the call screen was when in a conversation with another Verizon user on their VoLTE compatible phone.
I don't think it crosses to let service providers.
Please, someone correct me, if this is not accurate.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jan