My camera has an error, I can't download or update anything, and Can't screenshot

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Due to multiple errors my phone has lost most of the functionality it had before. I have restarted, cleaned data and cache, started in safe mode. Nothing I've tried will fix anything

When I try and take a picture the camera shows "camera error; restart camera" I've force stopped the camera, cleared data and cache, and restarted I'm still getting the error

When I try and take a screenshot I get an error "couldn't save screenshot; can't save due to limited storage space" I have 60Gb of shared storage with an SD card. I've only used maybe 30Gb give or take I have tried restarting in safe mode but still the issue persists so I don't think it's a 3rd party issue

When I try updating or downloading apps I get error codes after what seems to be the app downloading twice. After the error the page then shows "Installing...." But nothing's happening. Again I've cleared my cache cleared data from the play store and services restarted multiple times am I missing anything?

I would like to avoid restarting to factory settings because I don't know what's backed up and what's not.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
It's a Moto z2 Play, I apologize I should've added that but this is the first time I've used a forum like this.
Welcome to the forums. How did you set the SD card, as portable or as adoptable/internal storage? If as portable, unmount it and see if the problem still persists.

Windowsbest55

Apr 3, 2019
Visit site
Due to multiple errors my phone has lost most of the functionality it had before. I have restarted, cleaned data and cache, started in safe mode. Nothing I've tried will fix anything

When I try and take a picture the camera shows "camera error; restart camera" I've force stopped the camera, cleared data and cache, and restarted I'm still getting the error

When I try and take a screenshot I get an error "couldn't save screenshot; can't save due to limited storage space" I have 60Gb of shared storage with an SD card. I've only used maybe 30Gb give or take I have tried restarting in safe mode but still the issue persists so I don't think it's a 3rd party issue

When I try updating or downloading apps I get error codes after what seems to be the app downloading twice. After the error the page then shows "Installing...." But nothing's happening. Again I've cleared my cache cleared data from the play store and services restarted multiple times am I missing anything?

I would like to avoid restarting to factory settings because I don't know what's backed up and what's not.

Hi, I have a Moto E4plus with exactly the same issues. Were you able to sort yours out please? If so how did you manage to do it. I'm at my wit's end with this!

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12