No longer receiving notification for app updates available from Google Play

pizza_pablo

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I've searched the Google a few different times, but the wording leads to unrelated results.

I thought it was just a glitch / conflict with my rooted Z2 Play, not receiving notifications from Google Play, when app updates are available.
I have auto update turned off for two reasons. I absolutely hate the new cartoon version of Waze (v4+) and I like to know when apps update, in case I have issues, I can more easily identify suspects.

I fired up my backup phone, VZW Z2 Play and the same thing. No notification with plenty of app updates waiting.

Anyone else experience this?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
No - I have updates disabled, but I still get not only notices, but updates. I wish I could turn it off, for similar reasons. Some developers "improve" an app to the point that it's useless. I at least want to save an .apk of the existing one before I update.

pizza_pablo

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
No - I have updates disabled, but I still get not only notices, but updates. I wish I could turn it off, for similar reasons. Some developers "improve" an app to the point that it's useless. I at least want to save an .apk of the existing one before I update.

Maybe I don't want to find a fix.
I'm better off than you. At least mine don't auto update, even tho I have that turned off. That would be terrible!