Why is my system storage taking up 10gb of space?

shadowsagent

Apr 30, 2018
Visit site
5 days ago I got a Motorola z2 play. I installed the apps I had on my old phone (which takes up around 5gb). I was isntalling a large rom ( yes I own the game, I just want it on my phone) when it occurred to me that I should probably check on how much storage I have left. I go to check and to my absolute horror I see that the section titled system is taking up 10gb of storage. I deleted all the bloatware I could and the number didn't go down. I tried to tap on the system section but it said that it was a section of files that couldn't be viewed. I honestly have no idea what I should do. The phone is Verizon if that helps with anything.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Not sure what the exact number is on stock Android but there will always be a large portion of your internal memory dedicated to the OS and un-installable bloatware. On Samsung's latest, for instance,, this number is around 11 and 13GB, so your 10 Gigs don't sound too far off.

pizza_pablo

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
You are doing better than me.
I have the 64GB US Unlocked version (XT1710-01) and 13 GB are being used by system.

Attachments

• 81677.jpg
    81677.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 23