what is the stock messaging app on the phone?

Scott337

Apr 22, 2017
Visit site
It probably came with Android Messages and maybe Verizon Message+ if it's a Verizon phone. You can make either one the default, or make any SMS Text app the default.

SmartAssBill

Mar 22, 2017
Visit site
It probably came with Android Messages and maybe Verizon Message+ if it's a Verizon phone. You can make either one the default, or make any SMS Text app the default.

TMO branded phone.

Has Green icon "messages" but can not see any info on the app
i downloaded the Blue icon android "messages"

Scott337

Apr 22, 2017
Visit site
It sounds like T Mobile has their own messaging app like Verizon. All of my Z series phones are Verizon and have 2 text apps installed, Verizon Message+ and Android Messages. Of course Verizon makes their app the "default" but it's easy to switch the default to Android Messages.

SmartAssBill

Mar 22, 2017
Visit site
It sounds like T Mobile has their own messaging app like Verizon. All of my Z series phones are Verizon and have 2 text apps installed, Verizon Message+ and Android Messages. Of course Verizon makes their app the "default" but it's easy to switch the default to Android Messages.

its not a Tmo app. i believe it is either a google or moto messaging app. it does not give you option to see more info about the app like it does the others.

Scott337

Apr 22, 2017
Visit site
To the best of my knowledge Moto phones ship with Android Messages installed, since they run near stock Android. Verizon phones come with Android Messages and Verizon Message. I don't think Moto has their own text app, but could be wrong. Android Messages looks like this in the app drawer.

364d516d6d19f3d74d36e18d2ad32598.jpg

SmartAssBill

Mar 22, 2017
Visit site

Scott337

Apr 22, 2017
Visit site
Wow, I think that might be the old Moto messages app, before they switched to Android Messages. That's on a Z2 Force?

SmartAssBill

Mar 22, 2017
Visit site
Wow, I think that might be the old Moto messages app, before they switched to Android Messages. That's on a Z2 Force?

yup z2 force. my moto g5plus has the blue messages app on it and nothing else. just thought it was weird that this was green and named the same.

Scott337

Apr 22, 2017
Visit site
I just remembered that the old Moto Message app was a green & white square icon, not a green & white circle. I wonder if you somehow ended up with the old Google Messages icon "stuck" on the phone when it upgraded to the Android Messages app (with the blue & white icon)? A similar issue happened on my wife's Z Play when Android Wear updated to Wear OS. She had icons for both apps in her app drawer and neither worked correctly. I don't remember how I fixed it, but it was a pain in the....

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey