Wifi Calling on unlocked Moto Z Play?

AllenRulz

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
Why on earth can I not find this now on my phone? I could have sworn I had this before. Just moved and I have terrible phone call service now. But I know this feature helps with it yet I don't see it now.

Scott337

Apr 22, 2017
Visit site
It's still there but will only kick in if you have no cell signal at all. With a crappy signal the phone is still going to try & make the call over cell connection.

Sometimes placing the phone in airplane mode, then connecting to WiFi and then making a call works over WiFi..... sometimes.

Open Settings > Network & Internet > Advances Calling

AllenRulz

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
It's still there but will only kick in if you have no cell signal at all. With a crappy signal the phone is still going to try & make the call over cell connection.

Sometimes placing the phone in airplane mode, then connecting to WiFi and then making a call works over WiFi..... sometimes.

Open Settings > Network & Internet > Advances Calling
Yeah it's mainly not getting calls when people tell me they call. And if I go to call then it says No cellar calling and I'm on strong WIFI. Here in this picture you can see that option isn't there. Screenshot_20180709-205523.jpg

Scott337

Apr 22, 2017
Visit site
What exact model number do you have? Do you have the Droid version? In some cases when Advance calling first came out back in 2014 (I think) some folks had to enable it for their account in the Verizon website first, then reboot the phone and the option appeared in the phone Settings.

AllenRulz

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
What exact model number do you have? Do you have the Droid version? In some cases when Advance calling first came out back in 2014 (I think) some folks had to enable it for their account in the Verizon website first, then reboot the phone and the option appeared in the phone Settings.
No Droid. Unlocked Moto Z Play here. Hmm trying to think of different ways of doing this.

AllenRulz

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
Does your carrier have an Advance Calling option on their website that you might need to enable?
I just checked MetroPCS app but I don't see anything. Maybe I will try the troubleshoot option when the calling is failing.. It might give me that option.

Scott337

Apr 22, 2017
Visit site
Hopefully Metro PCS supports WiFi calling. I'm not real familiar with anything other than how it works with Verizon. With us, that's a feature that has to be enabled for our account before we can use it on the phone, but the Advanced Calling setting on the phone enables the account option most of the time for us. There are some posts in the Moto Forum about WiFi calling no longer available for some model Z Plays. I wonder if your model is one of the ones that it no longer works with?

AllenRulz

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
Hopefully Metro PCS supports WiFi calling. I'm not real familiar with anything other than how it works with Verizon. With us, that's a feature that has to be enabled for our account before we can use it on the phone, but the Advanced Calling setting on the phone enables the account option most of the time for us. There are some posts in the Moto Forum about WiFi calling no longer available for some model Z Plays. I wonder if your model is one of the ones that it no longer works with?
Yeah I'm betting that's my case. I looked everywhere on Metro and nothing. I highly doubt I have it anymore..

udazavlanje

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
No Droid. Unlocked Moto Z Play here. Hmm trying to think of different ways of doing this.

You will never have that feature available in the settings. Unlocked phones on US carriers suck. They are simply not supported. Only T mobile tends to try and help with both Advanced calling (VoLTE) and WiFi calling. Verizon is good for some unlocked phone brands, but only for VoLTE not WiFi calling. All of my unlocked Moto phones had it activated (X Pure, G5s, G4 play)
I'm on ATT and couldn't do anything to get VoLTE to work on my Z Play. I've tried it all.