Moto Z4 Announced...

benjamminh

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Black Friday/Cyber Monday it will likely be 10-12 dollars a month, even for existing customers at Verizon. I am interested to see reviews of it and if it gets a good Google camera port. I have a good camera port for the Z3 and it makes a big difference, especially in low light.

Scott337

Apr 22, 2017
Visit site
A few places have reported rumors that Verizon will sell it for $10 a month if you have an upgrade available and agree to their monthly payment plan. That would make me use my "upgrade" and agree to 24 monthly payments..... probably

Scott337

Apr 22, 2017
Visit site
I owned both of those phones and they were great, along with many many other Moto phones. I think the Z4 might be great also, or at least really good. As others have stated..true "flagship" phones aren't selling really good right now for anyone. But the $500 and under range is selling great. Moto recognizes that, so why make a "flagship" > $700 + phone? As others have posted they are selling great in Latin America and India. They are finally profitable under Lenovo, so why change the business model that is working.

I hope this trend in "flagship" phones not selling well for anyone (even the mighty Samsung) forces all manufacturers to reconsider their pricing and stop the price increases year after year. Who the heck needs to spend $1000 or more on a phone? A phone?

anon(5101585)

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
I feel like it should be 50-100 bucks cheaper... sucks Verizon customers are the only ones who can get a better deal, and the white version of the device.

That said, I plan to buy it. I'm still using my original Moto Z Play, and I'm bought into (and love) the Mod system. I don't need a flagship device (nor do I want to spend almost 1k on one). So I think the Z4 will work for me.

Scott337

Apr 22, 2017
Visit site
The unlocked version for $499 comes with the 360 Camera Mod. So that's not a bad deal for folks that get the phone and camera bundled together. And if they don't want the Camera Mod they could always sell it.

AllenRulz

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
I'm seriously stuck and don't know whether to upgrade my Moto Z Play (first edition) to the Z4 or wait until the Asus Zenfone 6 comes to the US. But now I read some thing about asus not allowing the branding for Zenfone so idk what's up with that situation.

Last edited:

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I just want a true Moto flagship, no mods for me. Moto X and Motorola Droid Turbo... Those were the days.

That's not where the money is so Moto's being smart not playing in that space right now. They're finally making money by putting out great "mid-range" devices.

xeene

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
Side Note: The thing that seems to perplex her about Android is the choices, so many different ways to do the same thing. She's been locked down so long the freedom to choose is confusing.
That was my EXACT feeling when I moved from USSR to USA.

benjamminh

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
The only thing that has surprised me from some reviews are complaints about it not being smooth which would be unusual. Then other reviews don't mention that.

xeene

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
It's probably not as smooth as something that's running sd 855 during stress test in lab environment, but in day to day daily tasks I haven't noticed even a miniscule hickup due to lack of power.

xeene

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
Coming from z play, it's the best phone in the world! The major improvement I noticed is screen size, camera quality and speaker volume. The battery size only increased by 100mah but this phone lasts me about 30% longer on single charge then my 3 year old z play, still much better then smaller 3k batteries in z2 and z3.

Now just hope someone makes a bumper case for it so it can be protected while allowing mod changes. For now I bought a cheap $3 tpu case on Amazon and cut out the back to make a bumper out of it but tpu is too soft and sides flex a lot. Even then the 360 camera is unusable with a bumper. So if you want those 360° pictures you got to risk being naked.

benjamminh

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Usually Verizon is pretty good about releasing a bumper case so hopefully they will. I would think that would be a big upgrade. Congrats!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hisoka_Ryuzaki