Moto z3 is not syncing contacts with Google

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

When I enter a new contact in my Moto z3, it does not appear in Google Contacts. Steps I have take are below.

1. Accounts are set to sync automatically.

2. I have done a manual sync.

3. I have cleared my browser cache, restarted my computer, restarted the phone, cleared phone cache and attempted another manual sync.

4. I have deleted the contact on Moto z3 and restarted the phone, then re-entered the contact as well as a TEST contact. Then did a manual sync.

None of these steps has worked.

Any help would be appreciated.

Tommy Walnuts

Sep 30, 2019
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Are you certain you're entering the contact into your Google account, or is it going to the Phone account? Phone account contacts don't get synced anywhere.

Please register on this forum, which will allow you to engage in discussion more easily, as well as post images. https://forums.androidcentral.com/ask-question/409154-join-android-central-community.html

My phone shows "saving to [redacted]@gmail.com" which is the email address associated with my Google Contacts account.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Ok, that sounds right. If you add a new contact to your Google account in the Contacts app, and then go to contacts.google.com on your computer browser a few minutes later, does it show up there?

Tommy Walnuts

Sep 30, 2019
Visit site
It seems there may have been a glitch yesterday. I tried all kinds of steps to correct it, as described above, and nothing worked.

Today, it's working. So maybe it was an issue on Google's end at the server level? There has been no update to the app itself since Sept.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Gmail and Play were glitching for a couple of days - Contacts may have been too. (I kept getting "can not connect" to Gmail, then I refreshed and it connected. Nearly drove me to look for a different email app.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith