Will you get the Moto Z Force 2?

garak0410

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I truly considered this phone, but it seems like a step down in many ways. I'm honestly disappointed in the specs. I really am.

Leykis

Jun 19, 2015
Visit site
I was actually considering getting this a couple months ago when I heard T-Mobile would be carrying it. Was gonna use my jump from the S8+ to it. Heard so many good things about last year's model and the mods are what really intrigued me including the projector and the gaming one coming out later this year. Now reading about the specs I've changed my mind. A 2750mAH battery down from 3500mAH, 4GB of RAM(Chinese model has 6GB) and only 64GB internal storage(Chinese model has 128GB). Plus no real water resistance. And they want to charge people $700 for it? No thanks. The battery is probably the deal breaker for me. If they had kept it at 3500 I would have probably got it anyways despite the other downgrades. Oh but hey, you can buy the battery mod for $80 and double your battery life. Great! Now I can't use any other mod if I want adequate battery life.

I think this is a missed opportunity by Lenovo with the phone now being available on all the major carriers.

Last edited:

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I was actually considering getting this a couple months ago when I heard T-Mobile would be carrying it. Was gonna use my jump from the S8+ to it. Heard so many good things about last year's model and the mods are what really intrigued me including the projector and the gaming one coming out later this year. Now reading about the specs I've changed my mind. Don't see how Motorola/Lenovo consider this an upgrade over last year's? Remove the headphone jack and throw in a smaller battery(2750mAH from 3500mAH) and charge people $700 for it. Oh but hey, you can buy the battery mod for $80 and double your battery life. Great! Now I can't use any other mod if I want adequate battery life.

I think this is a missed opportunity by Lenovo with the phone now being available on all the major carriers.

They didn't remove the headphone jack. The first Moto Z Force didn't have one either.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Moto devices have intrigued me off and on for a while now. Who knows at this point! If I could have two or even three daily drivers, I'd be set haha. They look great though. Hope they do well this year!

benjamminh

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
The reviews are pretty brutal so far. You have the screen that scratches, although Moto said the review units are not like the consumer units. You have a slow camera with issues in low light because of no OIS. The battery is actually a little better than expected given its capacity. The lack of a real water resistance rating is getting old. The lack of a headphone jack, that's the way they're going. Maybe by Black Friday there will be some great deals and perhaps a little improvement software wise with the camera, although that's probably wishful thinking.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seniorengineerdood