08-23-2017 11:37 AM
36 12
tools
    we went on a weekend get away and left the house with 83 percent and after six straight hours of full on screen navagation I still had 9 percent left. So I think that was very good. THen saturday left the cabin at 8:15am with 100 percent and got back at 8:30pm and still had 15 percent left. Jt did normal activities. Anyway those are my real world reviews.
    Those seem like good numbers to me. Thanks for sharing!
    maxman1, benjamminh and Morty2264 like this.
    08-14-2017 12:26 PM
    Those seem like good numbers to me. Thanks for sharing!
    Thanks for those stats! Not bad at all - very good!
    maxman1 likes this.
    08-14-2017 09:37 PM
    I have had the Force since 8/9 and through my normal day at work (7 AM to 4 PM) I have been getting home with 50% plus. By bed time I still have 35%. Yesterday I had 5+ hours screen on time and played 3D flight sim for a good hour. The battery life on this phone is stellar.
    maxman1 and ecr80 like this.
    08-17-2017 03:13 PM
    Of course it's too small. Is this a trick question?
    I don't think its a trick question, but for me that is way too small.
    08-17-2017 07:22 PM
    What gets me is all these people complaining about the battery, yet no comment about actual battery life. My wife got the S8 and I have the Z2. These phones go toe to toe on actual battery life. Also, another thing that bugs me, is everyone saying "This phone should be able to stand on its own without any mods at all." Really? You're going to get a Moto Mods phone and not get any mods? Then why get one? Get the S8, or upcoming X.

I think Moto decided that you will run a mod, and a mod usually has 1,000 mAh built in, at the very least. Thereby giving you 3720 mAh battery. And that little bit of thickness makes a difference. After using my Z2 Force for a bit, I picked up the Z2 Play at the store and it felt super thick. Most of the time, now, I just run a style shell because the built in battery is enough. Though I did pick up a battery mod at Best Buy that was on clearance, I don't really have any need for it unless I'm going to Disneyland or something where I might see heavy usage (stupid lines) without any chance of charging the whole day.

I will say about style mods though, I wish they had metal plates or something built in so I can use my magnetic car mount. As it is, I have to carve out a spot to put the metal plate. Looks fine when its on the phone, but it was a pain to do.
    08-22-2017 03:18 PM
    I'm on track for 13 hours with 6 hours of screen on time. Coming from S8+, the Z2 Force is better battery life.
    08-22-2017 07:30 PM
    I get a full day of heavy use plus I picked up the battery mod which add even more battery life.
    08-22-2017 07:48 PM
    I came from Z Force and always used an incipio off grid pack in efficiency mode. I am an average to moderate user and most days the pack was just kicking in around six in the evening, 80% for installed battery and pack was between 80-90 at end of each day.
    picked up Z2 Force and use it with Moto Turbo pack also in efficiency mode.
    Most days, like today, internal battery is still above 80% well into the evening. It is 8:30 PM and internal battery is still 85%.
    Bottom line is that for my usage patterns I am getting as good or better than my year old Z Force was getting.
    Also of note the Z2 Force with Turbo pack is slimmer and lighter than the Z Force with the Incipio pack.
    And while we are at it I used a Skinomi glass screen protector on both models with a Verizon bumper. The Z2 bumper is better designed in fit and appearance and still allows mods to be installed or removed while in place.
    08-22-2017 08:32 PM
    I'm rock'n the S8 and it lasts me all day. The 3300 should compensate for the larger screen. I think I'll be okay with my usage.
    08-22-2017 09:57 PM
    I came from Z Force and always used an incipio off grid pack in efficiency mode. I am an average to moderate user and most days the pack was just kicking in around six in the evening, 80% for installed battery and pack was between 80-90 at end of each day.
    picked up Z2 Force and use it with Moto Turbo pack also in efficiency mode.
    Most days, like today, internal battery is still above 80% well into the evening. It is 8:30 PM and internal battery is still 85%.
    Bottom line is that for my usage patterns I am getting as good or better than my year old Z Force was getting.
    Also of note the Z2 Force with Turbo pack is slimmer and lighter than the Z Force with the Incipio pack.
    And while we are at it I used a Skinomi glass screen protector on both models with a Verizon bumper. The Z2 bumper is better designed in fit and appearance and still allows mods to be installed or removed while in place.
    How does the Moto turbo pack compare in weight and thickness to the Incipio power pack?
    08-22-2017 11:18 PM
    Have not measured it but I would say it is very close to same dimensions and weight, certainly not thicker. The bevelling makes it seem thinner but I think that is optical illusion. The Verizon bumper for the Z2 has corners that are slightly thicker on mod side that also make installed mods seem thinner.
    of note the Moto turbo mod has a USB C charging connection for charging while not on the phone.
    08-23-2017 11:37 AM
36 12