Z2 Force Preorders have begun, starting at $750

dov1978

Trusted Member
Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
All the Moto Mods make me REALLY want one but Moto Display would drive me insane. I wish they'd just set it as Always On Display instead of it only coming on with notifications or interaction with the phone. The Hasslebad mod really interested me too but from what I saw in YouTube reviews it was worse than the built in camera

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
All the Moto Mods make me REALLY want one but Moto Display would drive me insane. I wish they'd just set it as Always On Display instead of it only coming on with notifications or interaction with the phone. The Hasslebad mod really interested me too but from what I saw in YouTube reviews it was worse than the built in camera
The Hasselblad is only good for the zoom.

stanleywinthrop

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
Ordered mine from Best Buy last week to take advantage of that deal. Best Buy's shipping system is wonky. Originally said that both the phone and the free JBL would be delivered 8/10. But then the JBL somehow slipped to 8/28. But I actually got the JBL yesterday, and now the phone estimated delivery is 8/14. :(

Gdwheel

Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
I received the AT&T model I preordered from BB. I also got the price match with Moto, which helped a lot. I used the Z2 Play, so I knew what to expect with the Force, but I have to say that I like it. I will have to test out the camera and battery life, although so far the battery has been fine. The phone is so thin and light that even with the Mods (backs, battery packs), the phone is not very thick or heavy, which is nice. As someone reported in another thread, the shattershield top layer is not flush with the phone around the fingerprint sensor and creates a little bit of an edge, which is somewhat annoying. Using the sensor instead of the onscreen buttons is great and works really well. I will report back later after more use, but so far so good.

Mike-Mike

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I have had several Moto devices in the past, Moto Maxx, Droid Turbo, Z Force Droid, Nexus 6, and more. They have always had a lame duck for a camera, and often had very low in-ear volume for phone calls.

Both of those appear to be fixed, so I'm pleasantly surprised. And I love a front facing finger print scanner

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I have had several Moto devices in the past, Moto Maxx, Droid Turbo, Z Force Droid, Nexus 6, and more. They have always had a lame duck for a camera, and often had very low in-ear volume for phone calls.

Both of those appear to be fixed, so I'm pleasantly surprised. And I love a front facing finger print scanner

Glad phone call volume and camera features are great on the phone! I have yet to use a phone with a front-facing fingerprint scanner, but I imagine that it'd be a very convenient placement!

rwohler13

Aug 8, 2017
Visit site
the one button nav is my favorite feature. But all the moto actions are pretty sweet so that is worth a lot right there. I have been very pleased with this phone. Camera and battery are both way better then the reviews are giving this phone.