Will you use a screen protector?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
For those who are buying or planning to buy this phone, are you planning to use a screen protector?

Given that the screen scratches easily like the previous years but unlike the previous years, the stock screen protector (lens) isn't user serviceable, personally, if I where to get a Z2 Force, then I would get a screen protector. What about you?

Photo_Drew

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
didn't use one on my z force but did replace the shatter shield once. since word has this one won't be user replaceable yes I will be

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Yes, I would absolutely get a screen protector. I'm clumsy enough bumping into table corners and walls - I don't need my phone to suffer for my weirdness! 😜

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
It's a trade off. Making the screen harder to resist scratches makes it more brittle. But making it shatterproof makes it easier to scratch. IMO Corning got the formula best with GG3, but they had to try to make it even harder and thinner and this so they got the easily shatterable GG4, and GG5 is less easy to break than GG4, but easier to scratch.

Photo_Drew

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
yeah but I can't scratch the Z Force with my finger. the new design is a bit of a disappointment. liked being able to replace the lens myself if needed

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Definitely plan on using a screen protector, just not sure whether to use plastic or splurge on glass.
Well the advantage of glass is that it helps preventing the screen to shatter, but you already have shatterproofing... Then again plastic scratches so you're gonna be replacing it more often...

benjamminh

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Well the advantage of glass is that it helps preventing the screen to shatter, but you already have shatterproofing... Then again plastic scratches so you're gonna be replacing it more often...
I think it's mostly a feel thing or preference between glass and plastic when it comes to a phone with Shattershield.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cyari6908