Moto Z2 Force Hands-On Reviews, Initial Impressions, Unboxings

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
I think Motorola gave up on trying to compete. They make great hardware, but their designs are trash and the moto mod concept is really holding them back. Motorola phones could be so much more appealing if they tried to compete.

Last edited:

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I think Motorola gave up on trying to compete. They make great hardware, but their designs are trash and the moto mod concept is really holding them back. Motorola phones could be so much more appealing if they tried to compete.

The pitched the Z2 Force to all four (five if you count US Cellular) US carriers and they all accepted. This is how you sell to US consumers in 2017. Sounds to me like they're trying to compete versus carrier exclusives, unlocked-only, limited retail.

This is the battle for third place in the US.

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
The pitched the Z2 Force to all four (five if you count US Cellular) US carriers and they all accepted. This is how you sell to US consumers in 2017. Sounds to me like they're trying to compete versus carrier exclusives, unlocked-only, limited retail.

This is the battle for third place in the US.

I don't see releasing a mediocre phone on all carriers as competing. I don't understand why Motorola is so good at budget and midrange phones and so bad at flagships.

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
this phone is not mediocre, that is absurd. Battery is smaller than desired, but it is far from mediocre

It's definitely mediocre. Poor design, small battery, non-user-replaceable screen that is easy to put deep scratches into, a middle-of-the-road AMOLED display, no headset jack, an average camera, gimmicky fingerprint sensor gesture controls instead of capacitive buttons, no wireless charging, and no water resistance rating. I would rather buy a OnePlus 5 or even the Moto Z2 Play over the Motorola Z2 Force.

Last edited:

benjamminh

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
It's definitely mediocre. Poor design, small battery, non-user-replaceable screen that is easy to put deep scratches into, a middle-of-the-road AMOLED display, no headset jack, an average camera, gimmicky fingerprint sensor gesture controls instead of capacitive buttons, no wireless charging, and no water resistance rating. I would rather buy a OnePlus 5 or even the Moto Z2 Play over the Motorola Z2 Force.
I obviously haven't used the Z2 Force, but I'm afraid there's a lot of truth there. I can only hope the Z3 is better or I'm likely going Pixel as I don't care for Samsung or LG and the other companies require a fair number of compromises.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davisongeorge