The Additional Expenses with a Moto Z2 Force

PowrDroid

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Disclosure: I've used Moto phones for the past seven years. Current phone is a Droid Turbo 1 which is still peforming well although it has battery charging fatigue and I sometimes can't get through a whole day anymore.

I almost bought a Moto Z Force Droid and I really wanted to like the Moto Z2 Force.

Looking at this forum and knowing what I know from reading the Z Force forum, here are some things I figure someone would need to buy to bring this thing up to flagship status.

1. Battery pack mod. Moto put a 2,730 mAh battery in the Z2 Force, down from the 3,500 mAH battery in the original Force Z. So I'd need a battery mod to get through a whole day. Since I have a Tylt wireless charger, I'd want one that could charge wirelessly. Either the Tumi or the Incipio. That's an additional expense of $89 or $99 depending on which was purchased.

2. Screen Protector. It's ironic that the Z2 Force comes with a shatterproof screen that is also easily scratched. The flexible glass protector from Verizon is frequently cited as the one to get, so that's another $24.99.

3. USB-C headphones. Technically not needed if I use the dongle adapter included but hey, eventually I'm going to need USB-C headphones so that's another $29 to $39.

4. Style shell back. Maybe I think the Z2 Force is too thin and hard to handle or I want to protect the protruding camera lens housing. Or I want to change the look of the phone when the battery mod is not installed. Better get a style shell back. That's $19.99 or $24.99. I could get the wireless charging back from Moto for $39.99.

So, let's see...that's an additional $163 to $202 extra to bring this phone up to speed. If I only opted for the battery pack mod and a screen protector that's another $125 extra.

PowrDroid

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
What accessories did you buy for your DROID TURBO?

Two cases. One was a Tudia case, I think it was $12.99, the other was minimal bumper case, $4.99. I'm still using the minimal case. I got the Tylt wireless charger as a Christmas gift and I use it primarily for my Nexus tablet. I've used it for my Turbo less than a dozen times.

Photo_Drew

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
For my Z Force I have bought both moto nylon style shells, an incipio one, the car dock, the projector and mophie mod.

I will be getting the game pad, wireless charge style shell, and probably other style shells.

But I am also keeping my Z Force in case the new one doesnt work as well.

Mike-Mike

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
For my Z Force I have bought both moto nylon style shells, an incipio one, the car dock, the projector and mophie mod.

I will be getting the game pad, wireless charge style shell, and probably other style shells.

But I am also keeping my Z Force in case the new one doesnt work as well.

i have my old Incipio with wireless and the original JBL speaker mod. I'll probably pick up a wireless charge shell, and just keep my eyes out for any sales.

In a world without removeable batteries, having a battery mod is next best thing (maybe even better)

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Re 1: While it's likely to be nice to have a battery mod, improved efficiency may mean the smaller battery doesn't result in a proportionally shorter battery life. Time will tell. The Tumi wireless battery pack is currently $60 from Verizon.

Re 2: It probably won't take long for Amazon to have some pretty decent screen protectors for more like $10 for 2, but anyone buying on or really near launch day will probably need the $25 Verizon one. BTW, don't put too much value in a "lifetime warranty" on a screen protector. They'll charge you $10 shipping for replacements, so you'll be paying basically the same money you would for a new one (or pair, possibly) from Amazon anyway. The warranty is a gimmick IMO.

Re 3: I don't think I'd bother with USB-C headphones, personally. You can get extra USB-C to 3.5mm adapters on Amazon pretty cheap, so just buy a few & put them with your fav headphones you already have and convert them. If you need new headphones anyway, you might go USB-C, but it might be just as well to go Bluetooth. The USB-C headphones won't work with a lot of other audio equipment, so it's a pretty specialized purchase.

Re 4: You should be able to find the Incipio style shells for more like $10. Just depends on what you like & how much you want to spend.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evinrude