With all the negative reviews of the moto z2 force I have to disagree totally. The device is snappy and fluid actually better than my S8 plus was and that was an amazing device. The killer feature is the one button navigation with fingerprint sensor no need to reach around the back and look for the sensor anymore. The moto mods are awesome I picked up the extra battery and Wireless back plus the projector came with the device.
    I highly recommend this device to anyone you can't go wrong. The only add on should be a glass screen protector because the screen on this device has a plastic top screen which scratches.
    08-18-2017 07:29 AM
    Have there been a bunch of negative reviews? I loved my Moto Z Force (the original). I wouldn't put it or it's successor above the S8/S8+, BUT that does not mean it's not an awesome phone in it's own right! I'm not AS sold on the Moto Mods though, I had the backup battery which I did use, and the Projector which other than to "showoff" I really didn't use. I probably would have liked the JBL Speaker Mod but I already had an Amazon Tap which could bluetooth to ANY phone or just connect to WiFi and work. Any other brand bluetooth speaker would be better too because it would connect to ANY phone, can you say, UE Boom? lol
    08-18-2017 08:56 AM
    I played with the Z2 Force yesterday at Verizon with my Z Force from @pkcable on hand and the comparison was awesome. I seriously considered walking out of there with one.
    pkcable likes this.
    08-18-2017 11:01 AM
    With all the negative reviews of the moto z2 force I have to disagree totally. The device is snappy and fluid actually better than my S8 plus was and that was an amazing device. The killer feature is the one button navigation with fingerprint sensor no need to reach around the back and look for the sensor anymore. The moto mods are awesome I picked up the extra battery and Wireless back plus the projector came with the device.
    I highly recommend this device to anyone you can't go wrong. The only add on should be a glass screen protector because the screen on this device has a plastic top screen which scratches.
    Completely agree with this. It's a very underrated device. It is the most fluid phone that I've ever used.
    maxman1 likes this.
    08-18-2017 12:04 PM
    I haven't seen a single review that knocks the speed or the software experience, that's not the issue. The issues are the battery size and the camera performance, primarily.
    bhatech likes this.
    08-18-2017 03:12 PM
    They knock the device in general saying there are better devices out there. The camera is great in my opinion.
    maxman1 likes this.
    08-18-2017 08:02 PM
    I'm glad you are liking your phone! I personally think it's a good device. I've always had a soft spot for Moto.
    maxman1 likes this.
    08-18-2017 09:06 PM
    Well no one complaining about the software, performance and that's always been Motorola strong performance and same here. For $720 you can't have subpar camera, no water proof etc. Personally think not a buy at $720 but if you can find for a cheaper price then you can overlook some negatives in camera and other areas.

I do like the Moto mods, but they too are on the expensive side. Motorola is very close on having a perfect phone for few years but they can never get the camera right. Even HTC who was struggling with camera nailed the camera this year with U11, leaving only Moto still with a subpar camera on a flagship.
    08-18-2017 11:30 PM
    The negative reviews are because of its price and what you get. Personally from what I've seen, it should be priced around $100 less, or maybe more. The competition at that price point has better cameras, bigger batteries, and water proofing.

There's no complaints on the performance or software.
    08-18-2017 11:48 PM
    Well no one complaining about the software, performance and that's always been Motorola strong performance and same here. For $720 you can't have subpar camera, no water proof etc. Personally think not a buy at $720 but if you can find for a cheaper price then you can overlook some negatives in camera and other areas.

I do like the Moto mods, but they too are on the expensive side. Motorola is very close on having a perfect phone for few years but they can never get the camera right. Even HTC who was struggling with camera nailed the camera this year with U11, leaving only Moto still with a subpar camera on a flagship.
    Conceptually speaking I liked the moto mods, BUT you can get a better standalone projector, and you can get a better standalone bluetooth speaker, etc And thus not handicap yourself should you decide to switch phone brands.
    08-21-2017 08:29 AM
    I disagree with battery complaints for a couple reasons. The battery actually big enough for this phone to go all day. Also when they say that this phone should be able to stand on its own merits with out any mods...well why buy this phone if you don't want mods?
    I will agree with camera complaints though. Sure, this one is fine, but the pics from my wife's S8 are noticeably better.
    08-22-2017 02:28 PM
    I thought Motorola closed the camera gap significantly with the Z Force Droid last year, but it sounds like it's widening again this year. No OIS stabilization was a warning sign, although the Pixel camera was good because of excellent EIS.
    08-22-2017 04:44 PM
    I have no issues with the camera and photos look great. I came from iPhone because of the mods. I have not been disappointed and have purchased the Incipio battery case and JBL speakers mod. Still waiting for the projector mod.
    Sure you can carry around an extra device or snap it on the back and take just your phone.
    08-24-2017 06:56 PM
    Going on almost a month and this phone is amazing great device love the mods.
    09-02-2017 05:26 PM
    I couldn't agree more with you, OP. I think the new Moto Z2 phones have gotten a bad rep of late; but they are actually underrated and very good quality-wise.
    09-10-2017 05:02 PM
    Many reviewers/commenters we're not happy with the lesser battery vs the previous Force. I actually think the design is a good hybrid of last year's Z and Z force.

I think it feels better in hand than either of those two (the Force had some sharp edges.) And the 5oz weight and thickness are great. It is the same battery and screen size as my Moto X Pure but 1.2 oz lighter and it is thinner. For me it is an improvement.
    10-23-2017 06:43 PM
    Many reviewers/commenters we're not happy with the lesser battery vs the previous Force. I actually think the design is a good hybrid of last year's Z and Z force.

I think it feels better in hand than either of those two (the Force had some sharp edges.) And the 5oz weight and thickness are great. It is the same battery and screen size as my Moto X Pure but 1.2 oz lighter and it is thinner. For me it is an improvement.
    To be accurate, the Pure has a 5.7" screen, the Z line is 5.5".
    kingstu likes this.
    10-23-2017 09:12 PM