Clearing System Cache Through Recovery

Masheen

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
Sadly, there is no way to clear system cache when you boot into recovery. The option is missing from the list.

Only way is through storage > apps.

wamp wamppp

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
They took it away on Oreo on the Pixel, but I didn't think that would be the case on other devices. What version is the Z2 Force running?

Masheen

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
Watsup Diddy. The Z2 Force is running 7.1.1 It was still there on the Z1 after the update to 7.1. Does wiping the cache through storage accomplish the same thing or is it different?

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Watsup Diddy. The Z2 Force is running 7.1.1 It was still there on the Z1 after the update to 7.1. Does wiping the cache through storage accomplish the same thing or is it different?

Clearing the cached data from the storage settings and wiping the cache partition from recovery are different processes and remove different files, but things are changing in some recent phones (mostly Google phones).

The Z2 Force was the first non-Google phone to use the new partition system and include seamless updates. With this new system the cache partition is not longer required.

https://www.xda-developers.com/moto-z2-force-ab-seamless-updates/

Masheen

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
Thank you. Does this mean we can look forward to less corruption from new updates? I used to always factory reset after most updates on my previous phones, and when I did not, something definitely screwed up.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Thank you. Does this mean we can look forward to less corruption from new updates? I used to always factory reset after most updates on my previous phones, and when I did not, something definitely screwed up.
It's possible. Personally, I've never done a factory reset after a system update. Never needed it, wiping the cache partition and clearing cached data is been always enough for me.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae