After two months my screen is pealing off!! normal use I had a screen protector on it and it's pealing off. Anyone else have this problem? We need to get a class action going!

Moto Z2 Force screen pealing off after two months of normal use. Anyone else having this issue? I love the mods but the screen is garbage.

Picture

https://twitter.com/Stencilpro123/st...73286164459520
    11-20-2017 01:29 PM
    Your outer layer (the lens) is peeling off?
    11-20-2017 01:49 PM
    Duplicate threads merged and moved from the Z Force forum to the Z2 Force forum.
    Bitterman likes this.
    11-20-2017 02:55 PM
    Seeing as how I haven't heard this from anyone else, calling for a class action lawsuit is rather silly. Looking at the picture it almost looks like a thin plastic screen protector coming off, vs the lens, though I'm not sure. Either way it's a practically new phone, so get ahold of Motorola and have them make it right. Warranties exist for a reason.
    11-21-2017 12:16 PM
    After looking at the picture, I am perplexed. What is the piece That's actually peeling away there? It doesn't look like the stock outer layer lens. An aftermarket screen protector maybe?
    11-23-2017 07:32 PM
    These phones ship from the factory with a screen protector (Moto calls it an outer lens but I doubt it is much more than your typical screen protector film). I suspect most people put an aftermarket screen protector over-top of the factory lens. In this case it looks like it could be the lens peeling up. A class action lawsuit for this is a bit far-fetched...
    Bitterman likes this.
    11-24-2017 10:32 PM
    These phones ship from the factory with a screen protector (Moto calls it an outer lens but I doubt it is much more than your typical screen protector film). I suspect most people put an aftermarket screen protector over-top of the factory lens. In this case it looks like it could be the lens peeling up. A class action lawsuit for this is a bit far-fetched...
    Is that not the shatter shield peeling in his picture ? It's a defect.
    11-27-2017 09:56 PM
    Mime is doing the same thing. I agree a class action is needed. There has not been any misuse, its a design flaw. Motorola support wanted $49 and for me to mail it in for repair. Not only does the outer layer peal off with normal use, it scratches super easy. There isnt much benefit from a nonbreakable svcreen when its all scratched up because its made of soft plastic.
    11-28-2017 03:53 PM
    They refused my warranty request for the same issue. Thus a class action is whats needed!
    11-28-2017 03:55 PM
    I'm having the same issue but it's the border around the entire screen. It's mostly peeling around speaker which cuts my ear! So annoyed... If there's going to be a class action let me know.
    12-07-2017 03:45 PM
    Is that not the shatter shield peeling in his picture ? It's a defect.
    I will admit that I'm using the Moto Z Force OG edition. I assumed that the new model uses the same setup but I'm not having the same issue at all with the OG.

I'm still trying to figure out how this warrants a lawsuit. Is this or isn't this the outer layer that is considered removeable/replaceable? If so, that seems to be what is defective (not the phone?), and it would be quite simple for Moto to make it up to you all. I hope they are listening...

On a related note, the replacement lens for the Z is $29.99 (and hard to get I hear). I thought that was expensive, but I just noticed the comparable lens for the Z2 is $49.99 And on top of that, I guess you can't yet replace them yourself, as the only option for the Z2 is to send them in for repair. That's quite unfortunate...
    12-07-2017 05:33 PM