Moto Z2 Force screen is pealing off!!

Chris Wentworth2

Nov 20, 2017
Visit site
After two months my screen is pealing off!! normal use I had a screen protector on it and it's pealing off. Anyone else have this problem? We need to get a class action going!

Moto Z2 Force screen pealing off after two months of normal use. Anyone else having this issue? I love the mods but the screen is garbage.

Picture

https://twitter.com/Stencilpro123/status/932673286164459520

Last edited by a moderator:

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Seeing as how I haven't heard this from anyone else, calling for a class action lawsuit is rather silly. Looking at the picture it almost looks like a thin plastic screen protector coming off, vs the lens, though I'm not sure. Either way it's a practically new phone, so get ahold of Motorola and have them make it right. Warranties exist for a reason.

Scott337

Apr 22, 2017
Visit site
After looking at the picture, I am perplexed. What is the piece That's actually peeling away there? It doesn't look like the stock outer layer lens. An aftermarket screen protector maybe?

jesta192

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
These phones ship from the factory with a screen protector (Moto calls it an outer lens but I doubt it is much more than your typical screen protector film). I suspect most people put an aftermarket screen protector over-top of the factory lens. In this case it looks like it could be the lens peeling up. A class action lawsuit for this is a bit far-fetched...

anon(903870)

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
These phones ship from the factory with a screen protector (Moto calls it an outer lens but I doubt it is much more than your typical screen protector film). I suspect most people put an aftermarket screen protector over-top of the factory lens. In this case it looks like it could be the lens peeling up. A class action lawsuit for this is a bit far-fetched...

Is that not the shatter shield peeling in his picture ? It's a defect.

tommockjr

Nov 28, 2017
Visit site
Mime is doing the same thing. I agree a class action is needed. There has not been any misuse, its a design flaw. Motorola support wanted $49 and for me to mail it in for repair. Not only does the outer layer peal off with normal use, it scratches super easy. There isnt much benefit from a nonbreakable svcreen when its all scratched up because its made of soft plastic.

Mmahon26

Dec 7, 2017
Visit site
I'm having the same issue but it's the border around the entire screen. It's mostly peeling around speaker which cuts my ear! So annoyed... If there's going to be a class action let me know.

jesta192

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
Is that not the shatter shield peeling in his picture ? It's a defect.

I will admit that I'm using the Moto Z Force OG edition. I assumed that the new model uses the same setup but I'm not having the same issue at all with the OG.

I'm still trying to figure out how this warrants a lawsuit. Is this or isn't this the outer layer that is considered removeable/replaceable? If so, that seems to be what is defective (not the phone?), and it would be quite simple for Moto to make it up to you all. I hope they are listening...

On a related note, the replacement lens for the Z is $29.99 (and hard to get I hear). I thought that was expensive, but I just noticed the comparable lens for the Z2 is $49.99 :eek: And on top of that, I guess you can't yet replace them yourself, as the only option for the Z2 is to send them in for repair. That's quite unfortunate...