Look what pops up when I checked for a Software Update

Attachments

• Screenshot_20171201-154150.jpg
    Screenshot_20171201-154150.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 177

jleebiker

Jun 3, 2014
Visit site
So the question is, WHEN? And what will it buy us? I mean there have been plenty of updates that turned out to be less than useful.

KeithLa

Nov 9, 2015
Visit site
Didn't get a notification, but Oreo update was available upon check for system update in Settings. I have Z2 Force on Verizon. Update downloaded swiftly, installed in background, and prompted for restart, finished in under fifteen minutes, perhaps less.

This was already a fast phone, but after update I'd swear it's running even snappier, unlocking, starting and switching between apps, loading photos and webpages. Even camera shots seem a little faster, but that could be my imagination.

Notification bar, Settings, and Phone app changes are most noticeable so far. I use (and love) Action Launcher so haven't yet tried Oreo home screens and icons.

Not crazy about the persistent notification about background apps running, e.g. Pebble app. Not sure if there's a setting page to disable that.

jleebiker

Jun 3, 2014
Visit site
Manually downloaded it. Only thing seems to be that when some of my contacts call me, it doesn't show their name, only their number. Doesn't seem to be consistent across all contacts though.

I'm also getting a notice I haven't received before.
From Message+:
Syncing messages
Temporary background processing.

I can't clear this nor do away with it. It just keeps popping up at random times.

jleebiker

Jun 3, 2014
Visit site
So I've been running 8.0 for a few days now. I like the little notification pip next to an app that has a notice. Other than that, I can't really say there's much I see as ground breaking. Am I missing something?

JIH2009

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Did anyone loose their Google feed on the left of the homescreen? I did a factory rest after I got 8.0 and now that is gone. I have to open the Google app now to see the feed. Any thoughts?

jleebiker

Jun 3, 2014
Visit site
Ummm... someone mentioned better battery life with 8.0. I didn't really pay attention to that until I got home last night. Typical use. Nothing out of the ordinary and I had almost 72% battery! FANTASTIC!!! I'm going to see if this is the case again today, WOW!

Eric J F

Dec 29, 2017
Visit site
The T-Mobile Moto Z2 software update page now says "Phase: T-Mobile Testing: Version 8.0 Oreo." Only one of my two T-Mobile Moto Z2s got the update.

bwhick7492

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
updated my z2 force and I am noticing worse battery life. it could be that the system is being optimized still but I will keep you guys up to date.

SmartAssBill

Mar 22, 2017
Visit site
just activated my TMO Force 2 and 8.0 was ready to download. Great to see this phone is receiving it already! Dont think many others are on Oreo yet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jcl678