camera quality.

bwhick7492

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
What is everyone's thoughts on the camera? I find it to be good but not great. In my opinion this phone is amazing I am just having a hard time not being tempted by the pixel 2 camera. Any thoughts ?

cjreyes666

Jan 8, 2015
Visit site
What is everyone's thoughts on the camera? I find it to be good but not great. In my opinion this phone is amazing I am just having a hard time not being tempted by the pixel 2 camera. Any thoughts ?
There's no comparison between the two, Pixel 2 along with the 2 XL have a better camera. If I am not mistaken, the Pixels have optical image stabilization and digital image stabilization, which the the Z2 Force lacks. As well, the Pixels have a smaller aperture which makes it take better pictures in low light. I have noticed that my V20 takes better pictures than the Z2 Force.

benjamminh

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
I have the 2016 Force, but relatively speaking I think Motorola took a step back in 2017 compared to other flagships. It looks like they emphasized the dual camera options over quality of images.

bwhick7492

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
has anyone tried any other apps that helped out. I tried the Google camera by downloading the apk and that seemed to work a little better. was wondering if there was something better?

Mike-Mike

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I have noticed that my V20 takes better pictures than the Z2 Force.

I definitely agree with this, but the LG V20 is a pretty top notch camera.

I have the Moto Z2 Force and a Huawei Mate 9 and the LG V20.

I would say the LG V20 is easily the best camera, but I think the Moto Z2 Force is better than the Huawei Mate 9

David Martrano

Oct 25, 2016
Visit site
After owning 3 moto phones, the orginal turbo, turbo2 & Zforce I finally threw in the towel with their camera's. Every year they state much improved, nah. I have found they can't compare to my s7edge that I upgraded to the s8+. Sorry there is just no comparison, the Samsung's win hands down!

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I personally feel it's difficult to compare phones like this; as I think it's a bit like comparing apples to oranges. The Z2 Force and Pixel 2 line have the same processors and both have 12 MP cameras but the Pixel 2 specifically focused on things like camera proficiency upon its release. I think what's important to one phone manufacturer may not be as significant to another. Moto is awesome and definitely has merit. I personally love their vast range of devices for every price point. But yes, camera performance is quite different based on the two devices. With that being said, though, Moto's upcoming Z line will be very interesting to see.