do any cases worth Do any cases work with this phone??

ansa82

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
My daughter got this phone today on sale from Verizon. Got a mod (extra battery one) and am just realizing that most cases prob will not work with this phone. She is an art student and really needs a case. Any out there that will work with this phone? Thanks for any help

ansa82

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
Thanks! so basically either a bumper (that works with a mod on) or a case? She has the battery mod and the Alexa speaker. Are the bumpers protective enough though? She is pretty hard on her phones. also...you can charge with the bumper on right?

morriea

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
Thanks! so basically either a bumper (that works with a mod on) or a case? She has the battery mod and the Alexa speaker. Are the bumpers protective enough though? She is pretty hard on her phones. also...you can charge with the bumper on right?
I use a bumper on my Z. I can charge and swap mods at anytime with no issue. I also put a screen protector on mine and would recommend it if she is hard on devices.

ansa82

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
I use a bumper on my Z. I can charge and swap mods at anytime with no issue. I also put a screen protector on mine and would recommend it if she is hard on devices.

Ok so we put a tempered glass screen protector on and I ordered her the bumper on Amazon. Question...does the bumper help hold the mod on much? I know they're magnetic, just wondering if the phone is dropped will the mod go flying off?

morriea

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
Ok so we put a tempered glass screen protector on and I ordered her the bumper on Amazon. Question...does the bumper help hold the mod on much? I know they're magnetic, just wondering if the phone is dropped will the mod go flying off?
The bumper does not hold the mods in place. The magnets are STRONG, but I imagine with a big drop, they would pop off. The mods are very well built though. I guess the camera mod or projector could get damaged if any.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Scott337

Apr 22, 2017
Visit site
I have dropped my Z Force twice, both times onto concrete. And yes the style shell mod went flying across the floor. But absolutely no damage to the screen! Gotta love that.

ansa82

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
The bumper does not hold the mods in place. The magnets are STRONG, but I imagine with a big drop, they would pop off. The mods are very well built though. I guess the camera mod or projector could get damaged if any.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Thanks!

ansa82

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
I have dropped my Z Force twice, both times onto concrete. And yes the style shell mod went flying across the floor. But absolutely no damage to the screen! Gotta love that.

That's great to hear. My daughter's last Motorola also had the shatterproof screen and she dropped it, Didn't shatter lol but huge crack across half the screen

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance