Second Generation Motorola Moto Z2 Play (Moto Z2 Play 2017)

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
https://twitter.com/evleaks/status/863580163153461249

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
https://twitter.com/rquandt/status/864223111834730497

Scott337

Apr 22, 2017
Visit site
Re: disappointing moto z2 play

Nope, not at all. It has not even been officially announced yet, so everything "leaking" at this point is just rumors and speculation.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site

Nope, not at all. It has not even been officially announced yet, so everything "leaking" at this point is just rumors and speculation.

You're right about it being speculation at this point. Hopefully the rumours are proven wrong!

soma4society

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site

You're right about it being speculation at this point. Hopefully the rumours are proven wrong!

The leaks are mounting though and coming​ from increasingly credible seeming sources. Additionally, Moto has a clear incentive to reduce the battery size. For one, people seem to lap up thin phones. And secondly, it makes their battery Moto mods more attractive. If the new Moto branded power pack mod is as thin as the reports suggest (and the phones price stays the same) I suppose I won't mind. If the stock battery is 3000ish and the mod ads another 1000, that's PLENTY of juice.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site

The leaks are mounting though and coming​ from increasingly credible seeming sources. Additionally, Moto has a clear incentive to reduce the battery size. For one, people seem to lap up thin phones. And secondly, it makes their battery Moto mods more attractive. If the new Moto branded power pack mod is as thin as the reports suggest (and the phones price stays the same) I suppose I won't mind. If the stock battery is 3000ish and the mod ads another 1000, that's PLENTY of juice.

I definitely understand what you're saying. If Motorola wants to push their modular market, then making the battery a bit smaller would be a wise move - and, of course, the slimmer phone design would work in conjunction with that. I wouldn't mind having a thicker phone if the battery was bigger! But I get that a lot of users are trending towards slimmer phones.

soma4society

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site

I definitely understand what you're saying. If Motorola wants to push their modular market, then making the battery a bit smaller would be a wise move - and, of course, the slimmer phone design would work in conjunction with that. I wouldn't mind having a thicker phone if the battery was bigger! But I get that a lot of users are trending towards slimmer phones.

I use the Z Play as my daily driver and love it. I also have the JBL mod that I got for <$50 , which I love. By itself I have zero issues with the phones dimensions. But add a mod and it does get chunky. The new Moto branded battery mod due to drop this summer is supposed to be very thin tho, so it should be a good one to use for us 1st gen Z Play users.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site

I use the Z Play as my daily driver and love it. I also have the JBL mod that I got for <$50 , which I love. By itself I have zero issues with the phones dimensions. But add a mod and it does get chunky. The new Moto branded battery mod due to drop this summer is supposed to be very thin tho, so it should be a good one to use for us 1st gen Z Play users.

That's great to hear about the mod! I'm excited for Moto.

codeda

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site

I think it's pretty disappointing. I really loved the z play last year. What a surprise phone for me. Didn't think I was interested in the mods, but since I liked the phone so much I bought a few of the style ones and the jbl. Literal two day battery life, so didn't ever really have to worry. It was great for vacations. Intended to buy this years too but even if optimized a battery that size won't last two days and I don't want a battery mod. Once you buy that the phone ends up costing more than what it is worth imo. If the other rumored specs are true, it doesn't sound like there's much incentive not to just got find an old zplay and get that instead.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

Mod not: Moved to Rumored Devices Forum.

Oct 29, 2015
Visit site

Looks like they killed the Z Play with mods, stole the name and gave it to the standard Z successor. Then said "hey! Why don't we make a Z play without the mods, that will be greaaaaaat!" Hence we get the rebirth of the Moto X.

I'm beyond pissed I bought two battery mods (yes I use them on the play all the time, size is not an issue) and a speaker mod.

Why can't the Moto X4 have mods too!?!

That 660 processor in the X4 better be wayyy more efficiant than the 625 in the Z play... I still needed mods even with the big battery to get 2 day battery life, now it's more like two mods after half a year of battery ware and tear.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca