Guys! The Z2 Play is rumoured to come out in July! The article here is a very interesting read!

So, what do you think thus far? Will you consider it? Does anyone know anything more about the device?
    06-01-2017 09:59 AM
    The front page on AC has a couple blogs about it. I also saw that some new moto mods are coming too! I have a Z Force, so I'm excited to get a look at those mods!

https://www.androidcentral.com/moto-...g-availability
    Morty2264 likes this.
    06-01-2017 10:13 AM
    The front page on AC has a couple blogs about it. I also saw that some new moto mods are coming too! I have a Z Force, so I'm excited to get a look at those mods!

I've been reading those! It still looks super cool beans, despite the smaller battery. And wow! New Moto mods!

Fudge. It'll probably be between this and the HTC U11 for me.

I've been trying to see if the launch date in Canada is around the same time as the July launch - do we know that for sure yet?
    pkcable likes this.
    06-01-2017 10:15 AM
    Always love seeing new devices from the Moto company ๐Ÿ˜ƒ I did see a screen-shot in another thread which had a nice break down of their whole product line for the year. I don't mind it having a 1080p display. That's perfectly sharp enough for me.

Whats interesting though is they have the Snapdragon 626 paired with a nice 3,000mah battery. So I'm expecting some good results from that!
    pkcable and Morty2264 like this.
    06-01-2017 10:18 AM
    Always love seeing new devices from the Moto company ๐Ÿ˜ƒ I did see a screen-shot in another thread which had a nice break down of their whole product line for the year. I don't mind it having a 1080p display. That's perfectly sharp enough for me.

Whats interesting though is they have the Snapdragon 626 paired with a nice 3,000mah battery. So I'm expecting some good results from that!
    That's so cool! I really like seeing Moto releases too! Makes me reminiscent of the early days when I had my Moto RAZR. ๐Ÿ˜Š I think the battery will still be sick beans, even if it's 17% smaller than its previous iteration.
    06-01-2017 10:20 AM
    I also saw that some new moto mods are coming too! I have a Z Force, so I'm excited to get a look at those mods!

I will definitely have to + 1 on this ๐Ÿ˜ƒ I was always a fan of the mods! I know LG didn't do so well but I have faith the Moto Mods will succeed. Looks like we are getting

1) JBL SoundBoost 2,
    2) Moto TurboPower Pack
    3) Moto Style Shells + Wireless Charging
    4) Moto GamePad
    Morty2264 likes this.
    06-01-2017 10:24 AM
    I will definitely have to + 1 on this ๐Ÿ˜ƒ I was always a fan of the mods! I know LG didn't do so well but I have faith with Moto Mods will succeed. Looks like we are getting

1) JBL SoundBoost 2,
    2) Moto TurboPower Pack
    3) Moto Style Shells + Wireless Charging
    4) Moto GamePad
    MOTO STYLE SHELLS AND WIRELESS CHARGING wahoo!!!
    Matty likes this.
    06-01-2017 10:25 AM
    As I'm still tied into a contract till 2018 with my fruit based smart phone ๐Ÿ˜‘. I won't be getting this but I'll be in time for the next installment!
    06-01-2017 02:03 PM
    As I'm still tied into a contract till 2018 with my fruit based smart phone . I won't be getting this but I'll be in time for the next installment!
    What's a contract?
    06-01-2017 07:16 PM
    I hope it has a better camera. I don't think they should leave that to mods.
    06-01-2017 07:22 PM
    I hope it has a better camera. I don't think they should leave that to mods.
    On paper, it should have a good one.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-01-2017 08:43 PM
    On paper, it should have a good one.
    According to the Verge review it has an older camera sensor, so the camera may be fine shutter speed is a little slow. Also, the battery bit is disappointing, I almost got the first gen Z Play back in December, but held off. This year is my real upgrade year, and I refuse to get a phone without a headphone jack, which all the new iPhones do, so I am stuck between getting a SE or jumping back to Android (Windows Mobile is a no-no).

The Z2 Play might be it, but I need to see some comparisons directly to the last gen when it comes to performance, and battery life. The S8 interested me, but I don't like the curved screens nor the fact getting a good case for it is going to be hard.
    06-01-2017 09:28 PM
    According to the Verge review it has an older camera sensor, so the camera may be fine shutter speed is a little slow. Also, the battery bit is disappointing, I almost got the first gen Z Play back in December, but held off. This year is my real upgrade year, and I refuse to get a phone without a headphone jack, which all the new iPhones do, so I am stuck between getting a SE or jumping back to Android (Windows Mobile is a no-no).

The Z2 Play might be it, but I need to see some comparisons directly to the last gen when it comes to performance, and battery life. The S8 interested me, but I don't like the curved screens nor the fact getting a good case for it is going to be hard.
    Older as in the S7's?
    06-01-2017 09:40 PM

You just have to weigh up your options. I do miss the headphone jack in my iPhone 7 plus, I didn't think I would but I do. I think this phone looks good to be honest. You won't go far wrong with it that's for sure.
    Morty2264 likes this.
    06-02-2017 05:19 PM
    I'm curious to see a comparison between this and the new moto X. I don't need the mods and really just want the battery life and a better camera
    06-08-2017 01:18 AM
    Just looked up the moto x(4) sounds like a great phone depending on cost. Hope they do improve the camera especially for moving shots.
    Morty2264 likes this.
    06-08-2017 09:15 AM
    yes i do think the camera quality will improve...
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-13-2017 03:00 AM