johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
Cases only work with no mods attached. They work like any other phone. I'm not using a case. I'm using an Incipio off-grid power pack with wireless charging

ratsttam

May 17, 2010
Visit site
There are "classic" cases that block the ports. There are also the "bumper" cases that are compatible with the mods.

ratsttam

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Well, that was a harrowing experience. I'll blame this on the USPS, but Verizon's system kept changing my address (more specifically my zip code) as soon as I hit "submit" on my order. Didn't notice the first time until it said couldn't be delivered. 2nd time I placed the order over the phone with a Verizon rep. Did it to him too. 3rd time I just used my parents address. :p. In retrospect, I should have just gone to the store that was halfway between my house and my parents in the first place.

It did arrive. I like the feel of it, and the mods do indeed just pop on the back like always, but it's got a lip around it, which has the benefit of protecting the screen in DND "glass down" mode, and the lip on the back keeps it just off the camera bump.

It protects it in the right places. It just feels a little weird when there isn't a mod on it, since it's this super thin phone with a fairly prominent set of ridges top and bottom.

Teejai80

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
Recently picked up a Z2 Play and loving it. Cases though, I pretty much need a flip case to protect the screen as it's my work phone. I'm amazed there are no Moto Mod cases, it a flip case that clips on. I've got a traditional flip case for now, but I can see it's going to get annoying when I get a phone mount and other mods.

I think I might try and make my own case. Get a wireless charging style shell and attach it to a flip case.

kingstu

Jul 20, 2017
Visit site
I'm amazed there are no Moto Mod cases, it a flip case that clips on.

The Marstak flip cases do attach magnetically. They are discussed in the Moto Mods Forum and you can read about it here.

I have several and it really helps "iiving the mod life" so I can easily take it off to use the vehicle dock or any other mod and put it back on without any struggle.

Teejai80

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
The Marstak flip cases do attach magnetically. They are discussed in the Moto Mods Forum and you can read about it here.

I have several and it really helps "iiving the mod life" so I can easily take it off to use the vehicle dock or any other mod and put it back on without any struggle.
Thanks for the link, that's exactly what I am after! Unfortunately for me, apparently Amazon don't ship that to Australia, go figure. Struggling to find them elsewhere.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke