Z play vs z2 play

1901Madison

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
If you are more concerned about battery life than anything else, then yes. If not, the Z2 Play is a little better in all other areas.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I agree with the poster above me. The Z2 Play is awesome and seems like a really good phone and upgrade, but if you're looking for excellent battery life, the Play's got you covered.

bryanmsi

Mar 14, 2012
Visit site
I would make a case for the Z2. The Z has 16% more battery, but the Z2 life is still excellent. it like the difference between excellent (Z2 Play) and best ever (Z Play). Excellent is still, well, excellent. Probably the difference between 40 hours of average use (Z2) vs. 48 hours of average use (Z).

The Z2 Play has:
-better camera
-metal back (vs glass)
-slightly faster CPU clock
-upgraded Bluetooth
-more likely to get Android O
-FM radio
-better finger print scanner with nav features

On the other hand, the original Z does go a bit longer on battery and it can be found for a $50 discount relative to the Z2 Play. I would go for the new Z2, if only for the camera and software updates.

Last edited:

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I would make a case for the Z2. The Z has 16% more battery, but the Z2 life is still excellent. it like the difference between excellent (Z2 Play) and best ever (Z Play). Excellent is still, well, excellent. Probably the difference between 40 hours of average use (Z2) vs. 48 hours of average use (Z).

The Z2 Play has:
-better camera
-metal back (vs glass)
-slightly faster CPU clock
-upgraded Bluetooth
-more likely to get Android O
-FM radio
-better finger print scanner with nav features

On the other hand, the original Z does go a bit longer on battery and it can be found for a $50 discount relative to the Z2 Play. I would go for the new Z2, if only for the camera and software updates.

All of your points are valid. And I totally get what you're saying. Thanks for posting! :)

kingstu

Jul 20, 2017
Visit site
The Z2 Play unlocked has more RAM (4GB) and more storage (64GB) and is carrier agnostic (Verizon, Sprint, AT&T and T-Mobile). The Z-Play is not available for Sprint.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20