I cannot seem to find the "set launch phrase" option on a new Verizon branded Z2 Play. When I go to the Moto app, it has voice as one of the three options. It takes you through some steps to recognize the user voice. But at the end of that process there's no "set launch phrase" for Moto's always listening features. I've looked in every section of the Moto app, and gone through the initial voice setup several times. Without a specific launch phrase the phone is hobbled....any ideas? Cause I really feel like I'm missing something obvious here. Thanks.
    08-21-2017 06:48 PM
    Show me. The phrase is show me. Show me the weather. Show me my calendar.
    08-22-2017 06:21 PM
    Show me. The phrase is show me. Show me the weather. Show me my calendar.
    Ok, so unlike the unlocked z line you can't customize a launch phrase?

And for Moto voice luxuries like "find my phone", you have to say "show me, find my phone"? Seems clunky to say the least. What about wake from sleep? Has to start with "show me"?
    08-22-2017 06:57 PM
    For find my phone I think you just say find my phone. The point is there isn't really supposed to be a phrase. You just tell it what you want it to do
    soma4society likes this.
    08-23-2017 02:10 AM
    For find my phone I think you just say find my phone. The point is there isn't really supposed to be a phrase. You just tell it what you want it to do
    Hard to believe Verizon messed with something so fundamental. Or maybe this is a new z2 play thing? Really odd.
    08-23-2017 08:26 AM
    New Moto voice feature
    08-23-2017 11:51 AM
    New Moto voice feature
    Boy that cripples the phone in spectacular fashion. Not conversationally intuitive and makes zero sense.

Dumb, Moto.
    08-23-2017 04:33 PM
    It's meant to perform tasks not be a digital assistant. The phone still has Google assistant for that
    08-23-2017 05:48 PM
    It's meant to perform tasks not be a digital assistant. The phone still has Google assistant for that
    First of all, I appreciate your help and responses. Thank you.

As to the assistant vs. task performer observation, while that may be true it's a distinction without a difference for me. I use my "wake up Moto" launch phrase as the gateway to *all* things voice activted on my phone. Tasks, adding to my calendar, searches... everything: it all starts with "wake up Moto." Whether my phone, once awakened, uses Google to handle many/most of my commands I can't say. But as far as my experience goes, Moto voice is the backbone.
    08-23-2017 09:50 PM
    Could you change to saying ok Google and have the same level of functionality?
    08-24-2017 02:18 AM
    Could you change to saying ok Google and have the same level of functionality?
    I'll see if that works. As recently as last year (if I'm remembering correctly) it was NOT the same level of functionality. Because Moto had the "always listening" feature, triggered by a Moto launch phrase, which distinguished it from other phones. So in my case..."wake up Moto" literally is used to wake the phone up. "Ok Google" could wake up a Nexus device, but not other Android phones, from their sleep state.

But it's possible I'm behind the times 😬
    08-24-2017 05:44 PM
    Ok Google will wake the phone up
    soma4society likes this.
    08-24-2017 06:59 PM
    You aren't missing anything. Tbe latest version of Moto Voice must surrender to OK Google and the newer GA (Google Assistant). I don't know who to blame but If like to whack then up side the head.

On my older phone, Droid Turbo, Moto Voice was all things and was truly hands free. Tbe Moto version was 4.o.35. My Z2 Play, "Show Me" has limited functionality and the activation of many functions require "Go Google".

Go Google is inferior in terms of hands free operation when compared to the older Wake Up Moto version and often requires you to "tap" tbe screen. Your indifferences to whether the older version handed of some functions to OK Google is somewhat valid. On my Droid Turbo, if I did go to activate the voice features of "GO Google", it would not allow it to happen. It's because the app launcher was all controlled by Moto. So, I assumed OK Google was shut off (still could use the Microphone icon to search, etc., which is independent in many ways from GO Google).

So, my friend, we are not crazy. A superb, hands free environment has been mucked up. If enough of us complain to Motorola, maybe they will restore Moto (Voice) to its previous glory. GO Google requires too much hands on, "hands free" operation.

If you can find my post, I have a couple of real world examples of how Moto used voice to resolve situations that Go Google requires screen touches.
    10-15-2017 11:08 AM
    You aren't missing anything. Tbe latest version of Moto Voice must surrender to OK Google and the newer GA (Google Assistant). I don't know who to blame but If like to whack then up side the head.

On my older phone, Droid Turbo, Moto Voice was all things and was truly hands free. Tbe Moto version was 4.o.35. My Z2 Play, "Show Me" has limited functionality and the activation of many functions require "Go Google".

Go Google is inferior in terms of hands free operation when compared to the older Wake Up Moto version and often requires you to "tap" tbe screen. Your indifferences to whether the older version handed of some functions to OK Google is somewhat valid. On my Droid Turbo, if I did go to activate the voice features of "GO Google", it would not allow it to happen. It's because the app launcher was all controlled by Moto. So, I assumed OK Google was shut off (still could use the Microphone icon to search, etc., which is independent in many ways from GO Google).

So, my friend, we are not crazy. A superb, hands free environment has been mucked up. If enough of us complain to Motorola, maybe they will restore Moto (Voice) to its previous glory. GO Google requires too much hands on, "hands free" operation.

If you can find my post, I have a couple of real world examples of how Moto used voice to resolve situations that Go Google requires screen touches.
    10-15-2017 11:08 AM
    See my other reply. Please contact Motorola and complain. Tbe Z2 Play version of Moto and it's reliance on Go Google sucks in comparison to the older version of Moto (4.0.35)
    10-15-2017 11:10 AM