Anyone tempted by the iPhone 6s Plus now that Apple has reduced the price to $549? That puts it within $50 of the Z2 Play.

Similar size, battery life, screen resolution, and camera. Both are sort-of-but-not-really-water-resistant. Both still have headphone jack. Both are solidly mid-range spec-wise.

Upside for iPhone:
    The screen will be slightly crisper due to Z2 using Pentile, the iPhone camera is better due to iOS, and the A9 chip is probably a little faster than the Snapdragon 626. Also more frequent software updates.

On the upside for Moto: I still prefer the look of AMOLED even if it isn't quite as sharp up close. iPhone has less storage ($499 Z2 has 64gb), and the iPhone storage is not expandable. Moto gestures. Moto mods. USB-C turbo charging. Front-facing camera flash.

Kind of interesting to me that for the first time in a while the price gap between mid-range options in either ecosystem are fairly close.
    Morty2264 likes this.
    09-17-2017 11:09 AM
    No, not at all. That's a 2 year old phone vs a new one.
    editguy likes this.
    09-17-2017 11:45 AM
    True, but spec-wise they are equivalent and I suspect both will have at least a few years of OS updates. At this point it really does seem to be a question of which OS a person prefers and whether the Moto Mods are a big draw or not.
    09-17-2017 01:10 PM
    I may be a little biased here, but I'd recommend the Z2 Play; especially if you're wanting expandable storage and are a power user that would make use of different Moto mods. I totally get your iPhone temptation - I'm not the biggest Apple fan and I'm still sometimes tempted to try it out - but as Aquila stated above, the iPhone you're looking at is older and the Z2 Play is crisp and new and you have more chance of having "longer" updates than with an iPhone of that age. I know Apple updates their devices for a while after initial release, but at two years of being on the shelves, the 6 line might be at the end of that receiving line.
    09-20-2017 11:08 AM
    I wouldn’t get the iPhone 6s for the same reasons you mentioned. But it did catch my eye that spec-wise the iPhone 6s and the Z2 Play are pretty evenly matched (minus the mods obviously) and close in price as well. If price alone has kept people away from iPhone then Apple is bring smart to leave older models in its lineup. From a marketing perspective I think they should rebrand and not just leave the old numbers. So 6s in 2017 gets called the 6se or something.
    09-29-2017 01:32 AM
    Anyone tempted by the iPhone 6s Plus now that Apple has reduced the price to $549? That puts it within $50 of the Z2 Play.
    I just traded in my iPhone 7+ for a Z2 Play yesterday, having to pay an early-upgrade fee (I had one month left before no extra charge). Why?

iOS 11 and the associated updates to WatchOS, iTunes and tvOS have broken many many things. Yes, I was all-in on Apple other than desktops. And it was the iTunes hub that had kept me with Apple for as long as I was.

I was tempted by the Z2 Force, but the cost difference means that in a couple of months I should be able to afford to get a ZenTab 10 as well and have my bill come out to about the same as it was with the iPhone.
    10-16-2017 03:31 PM
    I'm not.
    The first time that I heard about someone connecting their iPod to someone else's computer and it getting wiped, due to a difference in iTunes accounts, I swore off Apple anything.
    That never happened with an MP3 player.
    I hate proprietary BS.
    jumblednonsense likes this.
    11-20-2017 12:36 PM