Hi all,

I’m guessing that this has been beaten to death, but I’m at a loss to find an answer. Here’s the problem: I need notifications when receiving new voicemail messages. I’m using the “basic” version of the Visual Voicemail app ...paid version is $2.99 mo with Verizon. The big issue for me is that neither version of this app work without using the data plan. Wow, “dumbphones” were able to leave an indicator showing the number of new voicemail messages, but an expensive “smartphone” can’t? I don’t have an unlimited data plan, so I leave the mobile data turned off unless I need to use it.

Hope someone can steer me toward a solution.

Thanks,
    Jeff
    10-28-2017 04:22 PM
    I get vm notifications using the standard app that came on the phone.
    10-28-2017 05:05 PM
    Do the notifications show as a number next to the app icon? Also, does this work without using mobile data or Wi-Fi?
    10-28-2017 05:10 PM
    I get vm notifications using the standard app that came on the phone.
    Just checked, and the standard app is missing. Check to see if it was just disabled, but it is completely gone. I may need to post something in regard to recovering deleted apps
    10-28-2017 06:58 PM
    I don't remember any numbers next to the icon when I was using it with the stock launcher. But using one like Nova Launcher with an add on called TeslaUnread will give you notification numbers next to the app.
    pizza_pablo likes this.
    10-29-2017 02:35 AM
    Visual Voicemail is a data service, placing the messages into a queue you can see and manage. Plain voicemail is a voice service and depends on your use of the keypad and voice prompt menus but doesn't require a data connection.

Those are your options.
    benjamminh likes this.
    10-29-2017 09:42 AM
    I started using Google Voice for voice mail, a while back when Verizon VVM wouldn't work on a ROM I was using, and haven't looked back.
    Saved messages and settings transfer to new phones / ROMs, upon signing in and it's free.
    I don't know if it will work without data. I suspect not.
    I also use Nova Launcher and Tesla Unread for number of unread items.
    turbochgd and spwexler like this.
    10-31-2017 03:30 PM