I bought the verizon bumper yesterday. I use the wireless mod. Last night though my charger said it was charging, but it didn't. This morning I noticed when I pressed the mod I could hear the pins making contact. I tried removing the bumper and replacing it. Still clicking. So it's not compatible with my wireless mod. My question for those of you who have had the z2 play for a while without a bumper or case, how tough is the phone? I have a glass screen protector and a mod on the back so the unprotected area is the aluminum sides.

I am coming from a Samsung s8+ with a case and still managed to crack the screen. I'll never buy an edge again because it's nearly impossible to protect the glass and right now front screen replacement is around $400...
    12-14-2017 07:44 AM
    I have had my fine gold one a couple of months, it's a bit slippy completely naked (and ugly!)
    I have the dark wood style cap that came with it and also bought the washed oak and the black leather one.

The leather one is the only one that stops it slipping off things.
    I never use cases and so far have never marked a phone.
    Nexus 4,5 moto X2014, G4 Plus and Z2Play.
    12-14-2017 08:55 AM
    ... the black leather one... The leather one is the only one that stops it slipping off things.
    Does the leather one work with Mods and if so do you know where I can buy one? (Link?)

Thanks!
    12-14-2017 11:04 AM
    12-14-2017 11:46 AM
    Ah ok. I was hoping for a bumper.
    12-14-2017 02:42 PM
    My phones tend to be (mostly) naked. My last one, an iPhone, only had the thinnest case I could find in order to merely lift the back up enough so that the camera was no longer protruding. It also had a matte screen protector merely to kill reflections in the car (I use my phones for navigation, too).

My Z2Play is nude.

Different screen tech is allowing me to use it in the car with minimal reflection glare, so I'm not using a screen protector at all. I have one of the Moto battery packs as a backup power if I'm going to be out more than a day, or in an area with crappy signal, or I plan on using it a lot. When that is not on, I do have a plain Incipio back cover, but again only to raise the back enough so that the camera lens isn't the thing that hits the desk/table when I put it down.

I've had it for about two months. No dings or scratches anywhere.
    12-14-2017 09:38 PM
    I have the Verizon bumper works fine with the battery mod and the jbl speaker mod.
    12-15-2017 07:45 AM
    The bumper doesn't allow for the use of style shells or wireless charging shells. It will work with the mods though. The notch on the bottom of the mods accommodate the small bump on the bottom of the bumper case. The style shells don't have that notch on the bottom like the mods do. I took a dremel tool and smoothed out the notch on the bumper case and everything fits now.
    12-15-2017 09:36 AM
    The bumper doesn't allow for the use of style shells or wireless charging shells. It will work with the mods though. The notch on the bottom of the mods accommodate the small bump on the bottom of the bumper case. The style shells don't have that notch on the bottom like the mods do. I took a dremel tool and smoothed out the notch on the bumper case and everything fits now.
    Or you could cut a groove, for the bumper tab into the style shell. TOMATO, TOMAHTO.

I haven't needed any extra juice. The battery of the Z2 Play lasts much longer than any smartphone I've had.

I use the Speck presidio case for work https://smile.amazon.com/Speck-Produ...+z2+play+speck
    and the Sleo snap case for weekends https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B072562Y...ing=UTF8&psc=1
    Warning, the Sleo does have a silly hole, in the back, that exposes the mods connectors.
    The Sleo case is very thin and very grippy.
    12-15-2017 05:23 PM
    For me, I just have the glass screen protector and a mod covering the phone. I don't care if the sides get dinged, because the phone was $400.
    12-18-2017 09:26 AM
    For me, I just have the glass screen protector and a mod covering the phone. I don't care if the sides get dinged, because the phone was $400.
    Thanks. That's what I decided to go with.
    12-18-2017 09:40 AM