What has been better and what has been worse going from the z play to z2 play?
    01-04-2018 05:59 PM
    The Z Play obviously has better battery life and better recharge speed because although similar, you get more juice out of a charge due to Z Play's bigger battery.

Looks are subjective but my friends all prefer the Z2 Play's looks vs the Z Play.

Camera is better on the Z2 Play. Same goes to the in hand feel due to its thinness. I also prefer Z2 Play's metal back in comparison to Z Play's glass back. I find the one hand gestures to be very useful but it did take me a few days to get used to it.

Audio performance is similar to my ears. Z2 Play has stronger audio jack though, at least from what I can hear.

Other than that they are both very good Moto phones.
    spwexler likes this.
    01-05-2018 12:52 AM
    Thanks. How much better is the camera?
    01-05-2018 04:20 AM
    I have read somewhere the camera hardware is actually comparable to Samsung S8's (hardware. Image processing is another matter). Perhaps it ain't got the best camera in the market but it is right up there for sure.
    01-05-2018 09:30 AM
    The z2 play is pretty much an upgrade over the z play, even if pretty minimal at best. Battery is the biggest downgrade but honestly, it isn't too big, even with medium to heavy usage in my case. Slap a battery mod on it and you'll be golden for at least 2 days. Performance is mostly the same, but multitasking is better if you get the 4GB model, which is pretty much a given considering the 3GBs I've dealt with on the Z Play was only okay at best: it got really annoying to reload apps quite more often than I like.

In terms of the actual Z Play I still own, mine had a weird issue along the right side of the display where I could see the adhesive along the right side under the display assembly itself, exacerbated by the fact dust gathers there. Adding to that, you could actually press the display down quite a bit along the top portion of the device. The z2 Play in general feels much more solid, thanks to the back being made with metal as well and the whole phone looks and feels better in overall construction.

There's also one thing I'm going to have a love/hate relationship with this phone: those nice chamfered edges along the top and bottom portion. They give the z2 Play an imho, better aesthetic compared to the z2 Force but you know they'll be scratched in a matter of weeks
    01-08-2018 03:48 AM