Why did my Moto z2 play just randomly restart without me doing anything?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

My Moto z2 play just randomly restarted while I was using the moto FM radio app. I didn't tap on anything and it was in the middle of scanning for stations. Suddenly, it disconnected from my JBL smart speaker, and the shutting down sequence initiated. It rebooted and asked for a pin to run android... I put in my lock screen pin and the phone rebooted. It seemed suspicious, so I used my Verizon security app to scan my phone, and it said everything was fine. I haven't owned this phone for even a year, and would like to know why this happened.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Random reboots happen every now and then, even when everything is working correctly. If it happens once, that's not too worrisome. If it starts happening more frequently, then it could be due to a number of things, including an app you installed that's causing instability, firmware corruption, or a hardware fault.

Andrew Bonner

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
It's probably happened to me 10 times in the 6+ months I've had the phone. It was only inconvenient one of those ~10 times.

I have a question for you now. Whenever you re-start your phone (or it re-starts itself), do you get a notification asking if you signed in __ days ago? Where __ is the number of days since you activated your MZ2P? Mine does, and that's really annoying, because it notifies me on every android device.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knowledge is power