What protection do you use?

dlalonde

Trusted Member
Dec 31, 2014
Visit site
I've had my Z2 Play for more than a week and, other than the lack of updates, I love it (seriously, 6 months and no Oreo on an near stock Android version?).

I had a hard but slim case from Anccer but I was afraid of drops so I got a silicone transparent case from Tek. It's kind of cheap though so I was thinking of going with the Spiegen Liquid Crystal.

What do you use? Any suggestion?

revtech

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
I use that same Anccer case the most, the black with sandy texture, I use the "bugdroid" ones when I want color or a little more protection.

Funny, just read your other post, I've been tempted to try out a Samsung 8+ or Note8 . . Guess maybe you're a "restless" phone nerd like me 😉

dlalonde

Trusted Member
Dec 31, 2014
Visit site
I use that same Anccer case the most, the black with sandy texture, I use the "bugdroid" ones when I want color or a little more protection.

Funny, just read your other post, I've been tempted to try out a Samsung 8+ or Note8 . . Guess maybe you're a "restless" phone nerd like me 😉

Ha ha I am. I had 4 different devices last year (selling one to buy on not at the same time, I don't have that kind of money ha ha).

The Galaxy is an amazing phone as well but I'm more of a stock Android kind of guy. I always end up missing it.

Did you ever drop the phone with the Anccer case? In didn't really trust it which is why I changed.

gordol

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Other than a back plate of some kind (usually a Moto battery Mod), my Z2 Play is naked. The back plate is to protect the camera lens when I place it on a table or desk.

revtech

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
Did you ever drop the phone with the Anccer case? In didn't really trust it which is why I changed.

No I haven't dropped it, I have a feeling it would be done for if I did because this is just a thin case, for me I mainly just use this for grip. So I have the 'bugdroid circuit' case if I feel I might need more protection, but that's about as far as I'll go, just don't like the feel of the more rugged protective cases.

pizza_pablo

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Similar to your Anccer snap case I have the Sleo snap case for weekend carry and is a great low profile and grippy case. https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B072...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU6188594

I have a Speck Presidio for work days and it's quite grippy. It seems to provide good protection, tho the camera is close to the outside of the case.

I also have an Otterbox Commuter for days that require even more protection, but is has a smooth back and is a bit hard to hold on to. I have a GadgetShieldz for a different phone (Z Force I think) that I will add to the back of the Commuter, in hopes of adding grip.
ETA: got the Gadgetshieldz camera and body protectors. I'm not impressed. The sandstone finish seems just as slippery as the Commuter case and the camera protector does not have precise cuts. I reckon they are cheap for a reason.

I have tried this camera protector, but they did not stay applied and are plastic, not glass.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B074...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU6188594
I have GadgetShieldz camera films for both phones on their way, also.

I tried this case, before better cases were available and returned. It is cheap and not grippy.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B071...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU6188594

revtech

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
Sorry, but every time I see this title pop up my mind goes in a different direction . . just had to confess that 😉

Andrew Bonner

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
I don't use a case, only screen protection. I've been through about 5 glass screen protectors for a price of about $20 altogether. I generally take care of my phones, but also, with the mods, I find it much more beneficial to not have a bumper/case on the phone. I have my moto battery mod on 100% of the time, and that almost acts like a case for damage to the rear.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I've opted to not use the Verizon bumper as I have in the past with other Moto Z family phones.

ratsttam

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I have the bumper case, an anti-glare screen protector, and the motorola turbo battery (love the ridged rubber feel). That combination seems to give it a good solid feel in hand, and protects the front (bumper) and back (battery) without adding too much heft. Honestly, without anything on it, it feels way too light and I find it hard to even hold.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nilsgutkowski