Dead screen while making a call

Anamitra Lahiri

Oct 20, 2018
Visit site
Hello,
I am from India and I hope I will be able to get the help and answers I am looking for .

First the Given conditions :-

Handset - Motorola Z2play

Operating system - Android Oreo

Software - Antivirus Kaspersky Antivirus,Truecaller,logged on as Google user with a google account .

Nature of the problem : -

Whenever I am making a call the screen becomes completely dead / black and unresponsive . I am simply unable to revive the screen by pressing the power button or the fingerprint scanner while the call is on. This happens even when I am receiving a call .

There are times when I need to make a conference call , hold a call , or access the number pad , but I am unable to do so .

However, it automatically revives when the call is over and every key functions normally .

I am totally lost . the set is very expensive in Indian money for me and i cannot afford to buy another set . Grateful for your comments suggestions .

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to the forums. Have you already tried disabling/uninstalling Truecaller temporarily? You could boot in safe mode and see if the problem still persists.

ratsttam

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Do you by chance have a screen protector on? There is a sensor that shuts off the screen when it's against your face so you don't hit buttons with your cheek. I've seen screen protectors "trip" this sensor so when a call is initiated the screen goes black. Hitting the button won't do anything because it thinks it's still pressed against your face. When the calls ends, the sensor shuts down and the phone returns to "normal" usage right?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad