I updated my Z2play to Oreo a few days ago and it made my phone mostly useless so I did a factory reset, which brought me back to the previous version, which is totally fine by me. Now I am getting the notification (again) to update it and I don't want to. How do I a) not update it, and b) get it to stop bothering me!!??
    10-28-2018 09:29 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Something here doesn't sound right, because a factory reset isn't supposed to revert to the previous Android version. Are you absolutely certain the phone had successfully updated to Oreo before?
    10-29-2018 07:57 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Something here doesn't sound right, because a factory reset isn't supposed to revert to the previous Android version. Are you absolutely certain the phone had successfully updated to Oreo before?
    I don't think it fully updated. It was "updating" for over an hour and the tech I spoke to had me power cycle it. Once I was able to actually get it up and running again, it looked different from my pervious OS but many functionalities were not working.
    10-29-2018 09:58 AM
    Most phones don't let you refuse system updates permanently, unless you root the phone. If you don't see an option for this in the system settings (in the System Updates menu), then it's not possible. It's not a great idea anyway, since system updates typically also include important security updates.

It's hard to say why the previous update attempt froze -- were you updating over wi-fi or mobile data? In any case, now that you've done a factory reset, it's worth trying the update again. The reset may have cleared out whatever glitch was causing the update to freeze.
    10-29-2018 10:56 AM
    Most phones don't let you refuse system updates permanently, unless you root the phone. If you don't see an option for this in the system settings (in the System Updates menu), then it's not possible. It's not a great idea anyway, since system updates typically also include important security updates.

It's hard to say why the previous update attempt froze -- were you updating over wi-fi or mobile data? In any case, now that you've done a factory reset, it's worth trying the update again. The reset may have cleared out whatever glitch was causing the update to freeze.
    And since it's "clean" right now anyways, wouldn't be a bad idea to do a factory reset AFTER it completes its update.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    11-01-2018 10:03 PM