Camera error in error when trying to screenshot

Frances Lee

Dec 4, 2019
Visit site
past few days I can no longer take pictures front or back facing of my camera it says restart camera I have cleared the cache clear data of uninstalled and reinstalled the camera app tried other camera apps and nothing has worked I have removed my SD card and reinserted it I have started in safe mode still the same problem persists. It is a Motorola Z2 play. when I try to screenshot it tells me I have limited storage which I do not I have actually freed up a ton of storage even though I already had like 10gigs free on each thing my internal and external memory. My SD card is formatted for my phone only so it's considered internal storage. I also have a couple of games they've suddenly stopped working and they keep telling me to can't download stuff I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling them I have the same issues. Does anybody know how to fix this what's causing this problem?

Frances Lee

Dec 4, 2019
Visit site
I have a Motorola Z2 play it's almost 2 years old and past couple of days I have not been able to use my camera. An error pops up saying camera needs to be restarted when you restart it you can force close at whatever it just keeps doing it over and over again I've tried uninstalling all updates on it the camera app still doesn't work it won't let me screenshot anything it says the bad memory. I have removed the SD card I have mounted and tried running everything still at persists I have loaded it in safe mode it still does everything I have 20 gigs of memory free so I'm not low on space but it will not let me take pictures and it will not let me screenshot at all. and if it was the SD card when I remove it it should work fine and it doesn't it still does the same thing just says no space and won't let me use my camera. the SD card is formatted for my phone as an internal storage cuz as an external storage I couldn't use it to have apps and stuff on it. Does anybody know what is causing this issue and how I can fix it cuz I have done everything that I've seen everybody else say on here and nothing has worked.

Frances Lee

Dec 4, 2019
Visit site
I did try a 3rd party app already it did the same thing. I'll back up my stuff and try the reformat. It won't even let me download anything now.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I also suggested showing us a screenshot of your Settings>Storage​ menu so we can get an idea of how your phone is organizing its storage.

Frances Lee

Dec 4, 2019
Visit site
I would format that SD card back to external storage and restart the device see if ok , also download a 3rd party camera app see if same issue.I'll leave a link to register so you can communicate here , as a guest account you can't.https://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=409154

So I formatted it this morning and the problem is fixed but now the SD card no longer works no matter what I do. I'm going try and reformat it in my laptop and see if I can use it for something. Thanks for the help.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Future wise don't use the SD card as internal storage if the card gets corrupt it will effect the whole operating system , always use it as external.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463