How's your Z3 Play holding up?

Ha P McBroom

Sep 22, 2015
Visit site
Okay I recently got a Moto Z3 Play from Amazon the Prime exclusive model and I have to say it's been really good with keeping up with my Daily mobile habits. I tend to use the phone for mixed use at work usually to help customer service with finding a item on our website. And for watching all kinds of video content. So the battery has to keep up and Moto Z3 Play does a good job with that. How's yours holding up.

morriea

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
Okay I recently got a Moto Z3 Play from Amazon the Prime exclusive model and I have to say it's been really good with keeping up with my Daily mobile habits. I tend to use the phone for mixed use at work usually to help customer service with finding a item on our website. And for watching all kinds of video content. So the battery has to keep up and Moto Z3 Play does a good job with that. How's yours holding up.
So far, I have not found any need to use the included battery mod. I slapped a Style Shell on it when I received the phone and have only switched it out for my Speaker Mod when going on the boat. Battery life has been great (coming from a Z Play Droid with the mega battery life). YouTube, web surfing, Bluetooth for music, navigation, etc is my normal use. No social media. I rarely turn on WiFi (satellite - The PITS). This phone has impressed me.

Ha P McBroom

Sep 22, 2015
Visit site
That's great to hear Morriea have you tried the Polaroid Moto mod yet? I'm thinking about picking it up in the near future. I remember years ago owning a Polaroid camera and I really liked it.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
So far, I have not found any need to use the included battery mod. I slapped a Style Shell on it when I received the phone and have only switched it out for my Speaker Mod when going on the boat. Battery life has been great (coming from a Z Play Droid with the mega battery life). YouTube, web surfing, Bluetooth for music, navigation, etc is my normal use. No social media. I rarely turn on WiFi (satellite - The PITS). This phone has impressed me.

Wow, a battery mod is included?! I may have to go for the Z4 Play when it comes out...

So many phones. So little money. 🤣🤣🤣

morriea

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
That's great to hear Morriea have you tried the Polaroid Moto mod yet? I'm thinking about picking it up in the near future. I remember years ago owning a Polaroid camera and I really liked it.
I do not have the Polaroid one, but the speaker has been great and the projector was fun.

technomom

May 16, 2010
Visit site
How about some love for the OG 2016 Moto Z Play. Mine's holding up fine, still easily gets me through the day, usually with about 40% left. I have a 1.5 hour commute morning and evening and usually spend that with the screen on the whole time, and podcasts or music playing.

There's absolutely no reason for me to replace it at this time (which is probably why Moto downgraded the battery in the Z Plays that followed).

It will be fun to blow people's minds using 5G with this old 2016 phone when that mod comes out.

udazavlanje

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
True. I feel the same with my Z Play 1gen (unlocked). The only reason I'm gonna have to replace it soon is the lack of ATT certification, leaving me without VoLTE. Because of that issue I have way too many missed or dropped calls. I'm waiting to see what happens with this year models. All I know is that I won't buy att branded device.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
How about some love for the OG 2016 Moto Z Play. Mine's holding up fine, still easily gets me through the day, usually with about 40% left. I have a 1.5 hour commute morning and evening and usually spend that with the screen on the whole time, and podcasts or music playing.

There's absolutely no reason for me to replace it at this time (which is probably why Moto downgraded the battery in the Z Plays that followed).

It will be fun to blow people's minds using 5G with this old 2016 phone when that mod comes out.

The Moto Z Play was phenomenal! *Is* phenomenal, I should say! A very underrated yet spectacular phone.

ohno notagain

Nov 22, 2017
Visit site
That's wonderful! What kind of a deal did you get through Amazon?

50 dollars off. Making payments.free battery mod. Only bad part is no security updates. Moto crappy company. But the phone looks really nice with all the glass. 8.1.0 so next year I don't expect 9.1.0 update although they said 2 years system updates.All working well.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
50 dollars off. Making payments.free battery mod. Only bad part is no security updates. Moto crappy company. But the phone looks really nice with all the glass. 8.1.0 so next year I don't expect 9.1.0 update although they said 2 years system updates.All working well.

That's a pretty good deal! Good for you! :)

ohno notagain

Nov 22, 2017
Visit site
That's a pretty good deal! Good for you! :)

Yes I was going to buy another phone I looked at the Nokia 6 Android one then I saw the Moto g6 Amazon phone and a few days later Amazon showed the z3play and it was way better phone. The phone looks so good that I try not put a case on it and put the battery mod on only when it needs charging.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Yes I was going to buy another phone I looked at the Nokia 6 Android one then I saw the Moto g6 Amazon phone and a few days later Amazon showed the z3play and it was way better phone. The phone looks so good that I try not put a case on it and put the battery mod on only when it needs charging.

The Z3 Play does have really good specs and looks so nice! I can understand why you'd hesitate to put a case on it!

ohno notagain

Nov 22, 2017
Visit site
The Z3 Play does have really good specs and looks so nice! I can understand why you'd hesitate to put a case on it!

Looks better than the pictures. I have people asking me where I got it. Sure there are better phones that you might be able to to pay 300down and pay for 2 years. Not on my social security.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Artistnos