So will the z3 play get Android 10?

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
My last Moto phone was the Moto X Pure Edition.... it was Motorola's flagship of 2015, and I picked it up on sale for $300, $100 off the normal price. Back then it came with 2 os upgrades, from 5 out of the box to 7. From what I understand, the Z3 was almost $500 late last year, and the most expensive phone Moto sold. So are they still going with 2 os upgrades? Or have they decided to completely destroy what tiny shred of dignity they had and play hide and seek with their policies now?

It really doesn't matter to me because I paid less than $200 for my Z3, and will never pay more than $200 for another Moto phone because they depreciate almost as fast as they hit the market lol. But you really get a lot of phone for the money :-D Plus I'm fine running 9... overall I think it's a great os.

But I sure would like that dark mode on 10 :p :-D ;-)

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
According to GSMArena, only to 9. (But they could be wrong.)

But if you check here, you'll see people complaining that 10 wasn't much of an upgrade on many phones.

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
Thanks Rukbat for responding, sorry I didn't get back to you sooner, I lost track of my posts. Yeah I didn't think this phone would be getting 10, I'm running it on my pixel and am enjoying it, I picked up the Moto Z3 play because the price was crazy low, I needed a backup phone, and I like the mostly stock Android experience on Moto phones ;-)

The only thing I'll miss from 10 is the system wide dark mode lol.

Kavan Sidhu

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
We all know now that Motorola does not keep its word about system updates. After my experience with the Z2 Play not getting Pie I will not buy another Motorola phone.

Ya they change their minds once in a while. But I just checked and I am up to date. On 9. Still waiting for 10.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2fedes