Phone App does not answer call

Lzr000

Dec 9, 2019
Visit site
When I am getting incoming calls, instead of a full screen menu with a round green button to swipe, I am getting two rectangular buttons (Decline and Answer). Tapping "Answer" button (even many times repeatedly) does not answer the call.
I have MotoZ3 Play with latest Phone app (updated 01/21/2020) and Android 9.
(I've tried to post this two times before and both times was getting error message).

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Hi, mustang7757, does "clearing data" mean "clear storage"? (BTW, I never received email notifications of the replies which is why I posted again)
Hi ,No problem , clearing data cache and force stop the phone app is by long press the phone app then tap info go to storage and perform the clear

Lzr000

Dec 9, 2019
Visit site
Hi ,No problem , clearing data cache and force stop the phone app is by long press the phone app then tap info go to storage and perform the clear

Hi, mustang7757, Thank you, did it, and on first try it works so far. I have this phone a few months, previous Android for years never had such problem. Google geniuses should've do it better, so that we would not have to keep manually clearing cache every few months.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Hi, mustang7757, Thank you, did it, and on first try it works so far. I have this phone a few months, previous Android for years never had such problem. Google geniuses should've do it better, so that we would not have to keep manually clearing cache every few months.
Sometimes a app can glitch from a update or software update , when it happens to that app just use the method I mentioned should help out.
Your welcome!

Lzr000

Dec 9, 2019
Visit site
It's normal for that notification to appear for incoming calls when you're actively using the phone. The fullscreen incoming call screen only shows up if the phone is idle when the phone call comes in....

Hi, B. Diddy, I did not try safe mode since after clearing cache/storage it seems to work for now.
As for that call notification with small rectangular boxes, it also appears when I do not use the phone (just when I unlock the screen), and it minimizes the phone app if the call is answered, so I need to do some manipulations to get the dial pad- you know, some calls ask you press this, press that.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Ok, but if the phone is idle (and the screen off), then when a call comes in, the screen should come on and show the fullscreen incoming call. In this situation, are you saying that the screen comes on automatically, but goes immediately to the homescreen with that banner notification showing?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital